Can you skip the original storyline

There are 8 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by /V\ichael.

• HI all,

I played the game during 1.82 and did most of the original games stoyline. However my savegame got corrupted so I stopped playing.

I am now back for 1.9 but don't really have any desire to replay all the storyline in order to get to the crossfire stuff, is there any way to skip the original stoyline?

Thanks

• its not possible to skip it

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• do you mean the original freelancer story if that is the story your talking about i think you where able to disable it but dunno how it is right now

MY AVATAR IS UNIQUE

From the darkness we come to the darkness we all shall go
    ........................................................................................
    Facilis descencus Averno. Qui non vetat peccare, cum possit, iubet. Sine cruce, sine luce, nihil interit. Pulvis et umbra sumus.

Translation:

The descent to Hell is easy. He who does not forbid sin commands it. Without the cross, without the light, nothing dies. We are but dust and shadows.
    Eve online chars: RavenMcDougal

• No, disabling the story will also disable the crossfire part of the story. Also, that requires a full reinstall, totally useless.

The only way to "skip" part of the storyline, is loading an 1.8x save file (as you should have many automatically made save games after each mission) and starting from there but a savegame before the last mission. You have to remake the last part to continue to the extended part. Another player from arround can also send you a savegame to load if you really have none.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• If anyone has a save game for the end of or twoards the end of the original freelancer storyline that would be great, as I really don't see myself playing through the game again.

• hmmm... the game story is to enjoy it's action and challenge, not to ask another to play in your place (this time) and skip you the fun.

Well, atm I have no savegame, done it in 1.8x and reinstalled it since then.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Maybe i'm wrong but in the FLMM (once you have installed Crossfire and
    activate the mod for the first time) you have the choice between normal
    and open singleplayer. Normal singleplayer means you have to play
    through the storyline while in open singleplayer there is no need to do
    it.

• It skips ALL of the storyline, not only the "Original" one.

Means you have no original storyline, no Crossfire storyline, at all.

What this one wanted to do is to skip only the original part to go directly to the Crossfire extended part, and that is not an option.