i'm beeing killed by ships i can't see

There are 15 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Husker.

• i'm on the paradise mission to engage some nomad bombers.

I fly to the waypoint the red arrows apear to the right of my screen

i turn to see blue lazers of some kind coming from so far away i can't see the ships that are firing them

i'm killed in less than 5 seconds does not matter which very heavy fighter i use (7) so far i can't get close

enough to them to even see them let alone fire at them. how are they able to hit me at such a gret distance

and why are my shields and hull so worthless class 10 shield 10k+ shield upgrade class 10

hull 12.5k armour upgrade to 100% of hull

all worthless i never get a shot off or see my target

20 tries 20 fails

thinking of buying the dreadnaught maybe it might survive

any imput would be apreciated

i've re-install the whole package 4 times still the same problem

win7 ultimate core2 duo 2.66 3gigs mem G-210 factory o/c core 1300/memory 1056/shaders 3k

so in the words of the fly HELP ME

TY

• Hi longbow!
    Those transparent blue Nomad bombers are barely visible in the blue sky of Lost Paradise, and some graphic configurations can make it even worse. And they are closer than it may seem, their guns have only 750 m range.
    You just need to notice them before they start firing - so that you can dodge and then shoot them.

hull 12.5k armour upgrade to 100% of hull

Slow and strong fighters are not always the best. Try putting off the armor, so as to be agile enough to face those fighters even if you notice notice them in the last moment. And when going straight at them, keep left-right strafing to avoid their fire; after that, once they are behind you, turn around as fast as possible and engage.

Also, reducing gamma in graphic settings, or brightness on your monitor, can help you see the Nomads better.

P.S. Nomads hate Sunslayer torpedoes. ;)

P.P.S. Hope my advice is not of everything you already know... :S

• i too thought the armour upgrade may be a problem and got rid of it

i also have twin sunslayers :)

i just can't stay alive long enough to fire them lol

as i'm dead in seconds

• try set backgrounds detail to zero. With this you can see them nicely. And as were suggested use strafe, nomads small ships are much less dangerous as some of top NPCs in CF.

• what level should i be when i start the second part of Crossfire

i'm level 17 which seems to be too small to get a mission job :(

• As they said, the nomad guns only have 750 range, very small range, what is possible is that you are missing a part of a nomad capital ship or strike carrier(the strikes are too big and only appear when you are in range with the carrier's center), but meeting a strike carrier 20 times is near to impossible by mathematical probability, that'd be a lot of bad luck.

I find it interesting that longbow is getting killed by long-range guns :P

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Is there a way i can record my battle with these bombers?

so i can show whats happening and you all can tell if its me or the game.

• I think bandicam is better. It uses less space, and you can record in HD right away, no need to convert everything you record afterwards like with fraps... + you have 10 minutes of free recording, unlike the fraps that gives you only 30 sec? lol

Bandicam

Don't judge a ship by the number of it's guns, but by the skill of it's crew.

• Yeah, bandicam is newer and better now... also more compatible with newer software and stuff.

Fraps is left behind.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• w8 for vid