Crossfire 1.9 Updater

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Howdy,
    want to thank the Crossfire team for creating the most refined, clean, tasteful, realistic, complete mod I have played to date for Freelancer and the only one I have actually enjoyed, other than TNG 1.7 from ages past.
    Work of this caliber is rare in professional companies and it is nice to see people that have a passion for quality.

I do have a suggestion/request and a question.
    Does the Crossfire Launcher that launches when you start the game update only for multiplayer issues/patches, since you can start a single player mission without waiting for it to download anything, or does it download single player patches/content as well?

My request is for a launcher/updater that has a status bar so you can see the download progress at least per file, preferable per file and total progress bars. Another is if there could be a button to verify current files/check for latest update so you can verify without exiting launcher and restarting. Just little niceties that add a professional touch but I don't know how hard it would be to do.

Also, the main page of the launcher is listing outdated latest news from 2010/Crossfire 1.82. Could it be instead default page of the patches/updates/fixes from the files it downloads with dates for each DLC/DLC pack released so you can see what was fixed when?

Lastly, as of today 2/14/2012
    Fresh Freelancer install
    1.1 official patch
    1.3 FLMM
    1.9 Crossfire
    Windows 7 64bit

whenever I close out and open new freelancer session, the updater re-updates files #:
    15,16,17,18,19, 36,37, 40,41, 119
    before saying complete even though it already has done so previously.
    Don't know if this is normal or what but it makes me wonder if those files install correctly or not.

Thanks much again for your wonderful work and cannot wait to experience the rest of this wonderful mod and all the rest you have coming in the next versions!

Cheers

• Welcome! Yes that is normal, as the launcher is just updating files so you can have the up to date files to match the server. After every server crash, you should always exit to get the newest files :D Enjoy your stay!

[box=yellow]A Proud Member of the Lost Prophets Pirate Clan![/box]

[box=blue]Also Proud Leader of the CSF Faction![/box]

{LP} is recruiting! Please visit here for more details!

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

• Does the Crossfire Launcher that launches when you start the game update only for multiplayer issues/patches, since you can start a single player mission without waiting for it to download anything, or does it download single player patches/content as well?

Welcome again! :) The launcher does update both SP and MP, changing commodity prices or sometimes fixing issues like wrong hardpoints or incorrect item infocards with bigger patches like this.

• updates are for both singleplayer and multiplayer
    (there is the plan to seperate the update process for those to have more precice patch options, aswell as a fixed OpenSP mode)

Visiual changes are not planned.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!