Posts by Schuyler Haussmann

I am trying to make sure I have a good copy of CF2.0 as I have had random crashes in the past, mostly while playing & sometimes while launching.
    These crashes force me to do clean game install as they will error out when trying to boot back up otherwise.
    It has been awhile since I played so I don't remember the exact error but if I find it again I will post up in case it can help.

CF2.0 on ModDB has both the MD5 hash & full size listed in the download section which matches my download perfectly:
    Size 2.6gb (2,792,311,747 bytes)
    MD5 Hash a25f2f95aa1ef634361fbe5e7f58cbc7

However, on the "foolproofed installation guide pt.2" i randomly found on these forums, the guy says that the download size numbers should be:
    size : 2,69 GB (2.893.921.598 Bytes)
    size on data carrier : 2,69 GB (2.893.922.304 Bytes)

Both numbers do not match my download at all; downloaded from ModDB just to make sure installer was same as the one from this site, since it says "updated on Oct 1,2015" vs 09/2015 on the SwatPortal download.
    Is this referring to an older or alternate version?

Thanks & Cheers

Howdy,
    want to thank the Crossfire team for creating the most refined, clean, tasteful, realistic, complete mod I have played to date for Freelancer and the only one I have actually enjoyed, other than TNG 1.7 from ages past.
    Work of this caliber is rare in professional companies and it is nice to see people that have a passion for quality.

I do have a suggestion/request and a question.
    Does the Crossfire Launcher that launches when you start the game update only for multiplayer issues/patches, since you can start a single player mission without waiting for it to download anything, or does it download single player patches/content as well?

My request is for a launcher/updater that has a status bar so you can see the download progress at least per file, preferable per file and total progress bars. Another is if there could be a button to verify current files/check for latest update so you can verify without exiting launcher and restarting. Just little niceties that add a professional touch but I don't know how hard it would be to do.

Also, the main page of the launcher is listing outdated latest news from 2010/Crossfire 1.82. Could it be instead default page of the patches/updates/fixes from the files it downloads with dates for each DLC/DLC pack released so you can see what was fixed when?

Lastly, as of today 2/14/2012
    Fresh Freelancer install
    1.1 official patch
    1.3 FLMM
    1.9 Crossfire
    Windows 7 64bit

whenever I close out and open new freelancer session, the updater re-updates files #:
    15,16,17,18,19, 36,37, 40,41, 119
    before saying complete even though it already has done so previously.
    Don't know if this is normal or what but it makes me wonder if those files install correctly or not.

Thanks much again for your wonderful work and cannot wait to experience the rest of this wonderful mod and all the rest you have coming in the next versions!

Cheers