WoW this looks awesome! SP mode question though!

There are 10 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by fusorman.

• Heya all!

So first of all wow! I've been playing Freelancer for years, every two years I start the game over and finish it and like many I've been sadened by the fact there was never more to this.

Then, I discovered this mod! So i'll try out the MP, but I gotta say, I'm all about the story of this game! So I'm about to finish the game again (mission 13), and I installed the crossfire mod a couple of hours ago.

My question is, for the SP, the new missions brought by this mode, I get them after I finish the original missions or I have to redo the game and it's just extra missions during the game? :) (I'll def redo the game with the crossfire mod cuz it's just beautifull, but I'm actually eager to get my hands on the new missions!).

thanks in advance!

• Hello Fusorman,

welcome in CF universe! For shortest start (new missions) you need replay last vanilla mission. New script will start directly after vanilla end. But maybe you should try whole vanila and adapt first on CF NPCs ... they are little different (fighting skills) :)

• Heya!

Thanks for the quick answer! I actually redid most of the game before installing the mod because I though it would be like the discovery mode and Story mode would be disabled. (Sorry for making the comparison with such an inferior mod xD). If only I had known (which means if only this info was available in the Crossfire website where the mod is downloaded :p). I must admit I could have done more research before but it seemed to me quite unlikely that the devs would have done such a good job.

I'll stop licking boots now, this mod looks great and I'll probably follow your advise and restart the game for a while untill I adapt to the NPCs, then skip right to end of game ^^.

Thanks again and mabe see you in MP some day!

• Firstly Welcome to CF.
    It is also good to build up abit of cash throughout the Vanille missions (Which you can sell any pods you collect at prison bases to make great cash to start) as you will need it in later missions.
    It is always good to do SP, but also will be great to have more players on MP and you can always ask someone on the server for any info if your in need of help.
    See You in Space soon

All Characters are Licensed Police Officers:

Katertrak_Jack (flying a BS)
    Laws_Brann (testing different ships for IC hunting)
    Junker_Clunker (Mission char for good cach fast)
    Cargo_Brann (Transporter of lawful cargo)
    Katatonic[ASF] (ASF business only and afew events if other char can't make it)

See You In Space Soon :)

• Welcome to the vast universe of Crossfire, and the SWAT Portal :D

The extended campaign (it's called campaign as it goes the same way as the vanilla FL campaign, nut just missions you can find) will just show you a bit of Crossfire's universe, but you will know Crossfire's history.

Until you enter MP, and start having action with othe rhuman players, you won't know how Crossfire can feel like ^^ Even if the NPCs are smarter (as AI), and you will find some of them which will make you work hard to beat them, they're still NPCs, not humans.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Hehe, NPCs are not so hard, I just started chapter two ^^. is there a location where I can find out where the new ships for sale are located or It's all explore and find out? :p

• it's explore and find out for SPers, yo ucan get support from other human players on the server :D See, another difference.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Seems like I wont either, the game crashes automatically after I destroy the nomad carrier :s

Edit: nvm just had to lower the resolution for that part ^^

Edited once, last by fusorman ().