Vanilla / CF ships comparison

There are 8 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• The other day, I went from Vorkuta with a fighter with a not-so-friendly rep. As I entered Omicron Theta, I got attacked by Bounty Hunters.

Now, there were 2 types of ships attacking me:
    - CF VHF fighters - Crusader, Phoenix and such;
    - Vanilla VHF fighters - Bounty Hunter Hammerhead.

It took me 20 seconds of bad aiming with an inert ship to take down a better armed, more heavily armored Crusader, and it took me almost a minute-two to take down a weaker Hammerhead.

Since I don't really play SP, NPC difficulty isn't a factor for me and I really don't care, but this is a really weird discrepancy, probably due to the fact Hammerhead has hull components such as wings and stuff (visible when switching to subtargeting view), and Crusader and other ships lack that detailed division. Can something be done to remedy this, like creating more detailed CF fighters with separate components, or would it be too much work? Would that work at all?

BTW, this isn't a new thing to 1.9, it has been around since I can remember...

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• 1 year of work + tons of lag

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• vanilla ships die pretty fast...

by the way, if those useless parts just make more lag, why not fusioning/mixing the parts hull with the ships and make them be like the CF ones ? It should lower the NPC spawning lag (would even affect the frequency that option of going on and off)

I remember a tool which does that in a button, here at Swat.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• there is no such tool that can do that
    it requires remodeling everything, creating new surs and changing the ship settings

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• |DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• @OP: Ok, that tool isn't on the Swat download section, I got it before the old TLR database got lost. It remodels both sur and cmps, even together or one in relation to the other.
    I'll send a PM about it.

Anyway, this idea would improve things, isn't it ? If they don't affect that much(lag, etc), then, no matter.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• the first tools that can create surs (aside from milkshape plugins) were created about 2 years ago
    the old TLR went down in 2007

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• 2007 yes, then there was some genius who didn't got noticed. It even asks about uniting the sur parts into 1 piece before saving the changes, or resizing it after the cmp model.

• if you say so...

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,