Hiya again & a little problem

There are 12 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• Hello everyone after about a year or so I have decided to start playing freelancer again :D. Unfortunately i have a little problem, i presumed that the chars would have been wiped but the user names i had are all taken so it would seem my account is still active, i still have my old ID but after changing it to my old one my chars are still not listed :S. I don't suppose anyone has any ideas on what might be wrong? so far the only thing i can think of is that its the wrong ID, if that's the case what's the likelihood of an admin resetting my account? (I would even be happy with my my old account being wiped so i can use my name in the server again).

• i think OP had wipe out the old and inactive account iF thats the case, I can help you start up again i am on the game almost every day.
    look for |PX|Hero good luck and have fun . :thumbsup:

(\__/)
    (='.'=# This is Bunny# Copy and paste bunny into your
    #" #_#" # signature to help him gain world domination#
    [AS]Demonic Pay or Die

attachment.php?aid=709

• Your IDs can't get wiped, as it's on YOUR PC, but the chars are wiped as those were in the server, and well there were different wipe outs... one when Crossfire 1.8 was released, another one later when there was a bug which had to be fixed by OP on each char, so he took 3 month inactive ones out to avoid useless work.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Send the names of your chars to OP for a possible move of those chars to your current ID, or to see what happened with them... as if you get the name's already used message means they do exist, not wiped.

Have you waited longer than normal to enter that ID at the page where your chars should be listed ? If so it means they are corrupted and may get fixed(rarer as not always fixable) or eliminated, so you can use the names.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Well, hopefully they will be recovered, even I'm not sure about it...

Anyway, good luck, only him can help you now :)

• Well nicely he managed to recover them and everything was going fine :D until today, i am at a friends trying to introduce them to the mod. i printed out my id so i could play it at his and show him what the game is like but again the server is not listing any of my characters, and i know the ID is the one i am using at home i have checked it about 10 times now and they are exactly the same. i am just hoping i don't get back home to find that they are not there when i play from home as well :S Also i have noticed that its taking aged to get to the character screen, i am hoping its his laptop and not that logging in on another computer has somehow corrupted them all :'(

• Try create new char using new ID. Playing on other PC should not cause problems. If it works then is almost sure that one char is damaged. You have good chance lose only this one char. And I suggest not adding another chars to this ID, utils as ID changer are easy to use and can save troubles in future.

• Thanks for sugesting the ID Changer it seems to have found what is wrong. :) Freelancers "examine my account ID" and my regestry are both showing a completly different ID to the one the ID Changer finds :/ does crossfire store the ID in a different place or something?

• How many window accounts you have ? It may got messed by checking the ID of another window account's FL install, or something weird.

That FL ID Changer reads the current ID installed which is the only one that can exist on that window account(even your game can think another thing, your Crossfire installation listens window and won't think the same), and it works perfectly as I uploaded it ( lol ), putting the IDChanger.exe in the same folder as the game which is "Microsoft Games" , might help, but I don't think so.

I guess it's time for a CCleaner (freeware program on the internet) cleaning your registries after uninstalling everything related to FL, and reinstalling FL with CF.

The FL ID Changer reads the only ID that can exist in that Windows account, so whatever the FL ID changer says that's the one you're using when going online, which is why you can't find your chars, somehow you're entering another ID than the one the game itself says, you're entering on the one the ID Changer says.

You could try adding your older ID you see at the game, to the Changer, and it could fix your problem. But you usually need 2 other codes which only the changer generates, so reinstalling all may be easier, though you may loose your older ID and arriving to the same option of calling OP for help to move chars from an ID to another. But while having the FLIDs text generated by the ID Changer, you will never have this issue anymore ! While you copy that code somewhere out of your PC...

• I have just cleaned up my registry and now the ID changer is showing my FLID except the last number is missing, and trying that id on another computer results in the game saying it is invalid and my current id does still now show my chars on other PC's. I think this is because i tried using an ID from over a year ago (and possibly from a different game, it was just scrawled on a piece of paper with no info), when i next install the game i am going to get it to generate a new ID and see if OP will be able to change them to that one. I will probably wait until I next wipe my system or 1.9 whichever comes first, that way i can start fresh if OP in unable to move the chars.
    Thanks for all your help and advice guys :)

I have just cleaned up my registry and now the ID changer is showing my FLID except the last number is missing,

I can't understand what you did in your PC.... you copied that ID correctly from the paper ? All the IDs have same structure as in the manual I added in images when uploaded the ID Changer.

and possibly from a different game

Freelancer can't work on an ID that's not for FL, it doesn't even work with already used IDs, that if you added the ID within the game.

But well, as I'm not really sure what errors you had in your window(cus of the registry issues), I can't be sure of a way of solving it.

Yet your next chars, and IDs, which will be managed by the ID Changer, will never get lost if you save the "FLIDs" text file somewhere out of your PC. I would create like 2-3 different IDs and burn them on a disk, or save them in a memory stick. To copy it on a sheet of paper you must be sure you copy all the 3 codes for each ID correctly, with inner lines and puntuations.