Mass Effect 2 Arrival Trailer

There are 15 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• Awesome DLC, finished it as soon as it came out.

It looks like this is gonna be the last DLC for ME2 ;/

• You haven't yet? o_O , This is the best DLC for ME2 that ever came out.

Now we all want ME3 as soon as possible ;D

• They already arrived, see ME3 trailer ^^

there oyu can see how Earth.... dissapears... and it being the center of the colonies, so don't hope about that the colonies are safer than Earth :/

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Well, I've read somewhere that Shepard is gonna try to unite all of the galaxy civilizations and turn them against The Reapers. So, that's what Mass Effect 3 gonna be about according to what I've read of course...

• nope - it wont
    but i still think the story telling of ME3 will be crap just like it was with ME2

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Well, the first thing(movie,game etc.) is always the best.

Though the story was nice anyways, I liked it. ^

• yeah but it was too much:

shepard: "hey tali, i need your help"
    tali: "of course shepard, i can help you if you help me first"
    shepard: "hmm k, why not... ive all the time in the world... the collectors will probably wait until we are ready"

ME1 was pretty much based on its main story while ME2 was drifting away too much
    actually ME2 had no real story...
    1. shepard gets killed and brought back
    2. shepard is told to create a team
    3. shepard is attacking the collectors
    if you take away the companion quests the ME2 story is pretty thin (still a good game)

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• lol...
    the fun is the good part, the action... the games with a too heavy story are Detective stuff lol

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Can't expect that every storyline is going to be the most awesome, or even a great storyline - every great story has its 'thin' plots - not every storyline/plot in a series like this is going to be earth-shattering or blindingly awesome - I kinda see it as a 'glue' type of storyline, though thin, it has its purpose -

Everything you did seem to point in one direction - The Reapers - otherwise why try to stabilize the political situation on Tuchanka? Why help the Quarians out? (keep in mind they have a fleet of 50,000 - if memory serves me right - I'm sure more than the combined fleets of Klingons, Romulans and the Federation -) Why destroy an entire station full of Heretic Geth (who are/were under the control of the Reapers)? I'm not sure how it would be deemed that ME2 strayed from the main plot, it all had in some way had to do with the Reapers, directly or indirectly -

also, would you really think that the Reapers would just sit on their haunches and monologue at Shepard? Telling Shepard how 'inevitable' their defeat is (funny, but typical 'Bad Guy' attitude, when their 'carefully' laid plans had been turned upside down) - they most likely do have other forces in the galaxy, besides Collectors - I'm sure we'll find out in ME3

besides, ME1 can be said in the same way:

1. Shepard runs into Prothean Relic, finds out Reaper threat
    2. Shepard builds team
    3. Shepard defends citadel from Sovereign & Geth

(Don't get me wrong - I'm not trying to bash ME - I'm a huge fan of ME)

we also gotta remember that people are not necessarily going to do things out of the kindness of their 'heart', just like in life itself, people need things done, even when there's a larger threat looming ever closer, even those who have been allies before -

Playing Characters:
    SA_RASANN, SA_Explorer_RASANN, SA_Fighter_RASANN, SA_Store_RASANN

• difference is that in ME shepard got 90% of his team on the 2nd "mission" -> right on the citadel
    the rest of the game is story driving

and actually when i see what happened in ME2 i already know what will happen in ME3
    Shepard: "wrexy, we need your help"
    Wrex: "shepard, of course you get my help, you did so much for us BUT there is a little thing you still have to do for me (the reapers are busy invading earth anyways). Scratch my back... i cant reach it."

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Yeah, anything can get complained and criticized...

it just matters your point of view lol

• True, but often times allies won't be 'conveniently' be in one spot for you to pick up like a pack of groceries - sometimes the story is about gathering allies to defeat the 'insurmountable' force coming to annihilate everyone - as well as introducing other forces that will be involved at a later time

LOTR had that element as well (not to get off-topic) Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli and Gandalf had to in effect 'gather' any and all friendly forces to stand against Sauron and his armies - which was pretty much an 'insurmountable' force coming to annihilate everyone -

And yes, it is true of the ungrateful, selfish species in the ME universe - they always want something done for them before they help you. And usually (depends on how you choose to handle the situation) it would help or harm the galaxy -

but like you said Michael, it depends on a person's point of view -

Playing Characters:
    SA_RASANN, SA_Explorer_RASANN, SA_Fighter_RASANN, SA_Store_RASANN

Edited once, last by SA Rasann ().