Alternative to smuggling :-)

There are 50 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SA_ARROW.

• Still, SHS was right in terms of the actual topic, Vorkuta is awesome. In fact, the entire Altair space is a bit underrated...

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• I have 3 ships with a total credit amount of almost 3 billion and 99% made from pods/missions. Unfortunately, some peoples would prefer to use the smuggling exploit to make their money. Yes, I said exploit. The rules clearly state that smuggling requires the smuggling liscence so if you have a cop/merc/pirate tag and you purchase BMG's, you are breaking server rules. I realize that the code that stops people from buying BMG's unless they have a smuggling tag isn't in place so some players are using this to get rich quick...this is the definition of "exploit".

Direct quote from the rules page:

Smugglers Syndicate Licence
    By mounting a Smugglers Syndicate Licence your character becomes a smuggler. You are able to buy and sell BMG’s (Black Market Goods) which are both highly profitable and highly illegal. [It is the intension to have BMGs only available to players with a smugglers licence mounted, though this may not be functional in the first release of Crossfire...

Just because the code that enforces this rule isn't yet functional, that doesn't give players the right to break the rule. There's no code stopping players from dockraping but we still follow that rule. There's no code stopping players from blasting newbies under Lvl 40, but we still follow that rule. There's no code stopping anyone from putting bounty after bounty on others for no reason, but we still follow that rule. There's no code stopping players from buying BMG's without a smuggler's tag but many have made the decision to break that one.

FYI: IOC is a merc/smuggler clan and members who engage in smuggling ALWAYS have the required liscence mounted. If you see me online in my P.O.S. Tradeship, come take a look and scan me if you wish.

Edited once, last by Rex Nebular ().

• Money can't buy you happiness, true, but it can buy you a sh*tload of missiles, guns and armor to make everyone else miserable too. :D

:thumbsup: I SO totally agree with you :thumbup:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 8.1 X64, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz, 16GB 1600 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GXT 460

• :patsch: here we go again...

Let's be patient ppl. Huor is working hard on finding a solution to the license restriction... The theoric solution exists but it's not easy to make it work for real. FLHook is a great tool but it looks appearently tough to go around some FL Engine limitations in order to achieve something useful. You need to understand that the way this is supposed to work is light-years away from the original purpose of the FL engine specs...

• Take as much time as you need. Some of us don't need code to play within the rules...we do it because we respect OP and the massive amount of work he has done to design a fair, fun and challenging Freelancer roleplay mod. Unfortunately, there will always be those who try to find ways around rules. :(

• I doubt he'll get into thinking about this cause he doesnt have time to think about impossible events... Microsoft is never going to release that source code, no matter how much we pay them (unless you guys got millions but we can agree that this is impossible).

It'd be better to rewrite a new game instead. And OP is not a coder so he couldn't do anything unless he learns all about programming a video game engine. Some folks around could help in coding i guess, but the Dev Team is far from being able to lead such a project.

CF already made a Site admin into a modder. Don't make the modder become a coder... :P

• would it surprise you that about 10 ago i have coded a game? Its not that i cant do it.... its more that i dont want to do it. Today coding languages look... different.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!