Fatal error

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Nooz.

• Hello,

I installed tonight Crossfire in my home computer. This is a old computer with ATI rage fury 32Mo graphic card. Install went well, but when i launch freelancer multiplayer i have fatal error. The message:

"Freelancer did not a 3D capable video card in your system"

Have you solution to solve the problem?

Best regards

• You should just click yes...it's a known error since Freelancer is such an old game. If you are running Windows 7, run Freelancer in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode. Try that and see what happens.

• I saw this error popup a few times when launching from the Crossfire Updater screen. Usually, if I wait until it checks for patches, shows complete, and then I launch it, it is fine. If I rush and try to launch it right away, I sometimes get this error. The other thing you can try is to remove the mod, and then re-add it with the option to skip all intro movies.

Wait, hold on. Is this the video card you are running?

http://active-hardware.com/eng…eviews/video/ragefury.htm

If so, It will probably not be able to run Crossfire which has graphical enhancements beyond vanilla Freelancer. I doubt that card could run Freelancer at all; at least not very well. It was released 11 years ago and Freelancer came out 4 years after. Please post a link to the exact video card you are using, if the above link is incorrect.

If that is the card, make sure you turn all graphics settings down to the lowest option, or off, when applicable. Even then, I doubt it would work and it would probably look awful, as well.

• As was mentioned before, just apply "yes" and proceed. Or just
    do next -
    1. Go to Freelancer folder, -->Freelancer/EXE/;
    2. Find and open fldataconfig.txt file;
    3.Find a line with your video-card producer name;
    4.Find a line with your video-card model;
    5.Create a new line under;
    6.Type a TextureOffset;
    7. Find in the file text something like
    "UnsupportedHardware
    BrokenAlphaTest
    ForceSquareTextures
    break";
    8.Delete line ForceSquareTextures;
    9.Save and close the file;
    10.Launch Crossfire Freelancer.

Enjoy!

CF chars - Maxbur and derivatives
    Roleplay on server: Merc/Smuggler
    You can hire me for all sort of job: dirty and not so - but I`ll make it clean. It will cost you :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Einstein

• Maxbur had a way, did it worked ?

Also, be sure to pu everything at minumum, deactivate all adv shaders bloom particles and stuff....

and it should work (some reported it work on other 32 mb cards, but depends on GPU and otehr stuff).

If Vanilla Freelancer works for you, Crossfire on compatibility mode and everything on min will also work :)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• hello,

i'm not come to change the file so i'm change graphics card and it works

Thank's for all response

Best regards