i have a question: is there any chance to get this mod without the auto-updater?

There are 8 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by ihateregistrations.

• i got the well known "MSINET.OCX" error, i have downloaded the mod 5 times, deinstalled fl, reinstalled it, registered the f****ing msinet.ocx in nearly every existing form - it won't work.
    as far as i see, this thing has something to do with the auto update, so is there a chance for me to get it without it? i'm fine just to play in SP so i don't need any updates...
    thanks

my OS is win 7 32-bit

• The problem at msinet isn't usually the registration....

have you run FLMM as Administrator ? ^^

if not, it will work wit a clear FL, the CF download is always functional if it allowed unpacking to the FLMM.

if yes, then... not sure.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• running CF without launcher is a "no-go"

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• thx for your quick responses.
    yep, i run flmm and fl in admin mode. the installer always says that everything is ok. flmm says everything is ok. the registration of msinet.ocx is ok.

too bad, so i have no chance...maybe i install a xp and give it a try. :(

• How Do I Register MSINET.OCX ?

Place it in the Windows\System32 folder, then click Start, Run and Enter
    REGSVR32 MSINET.OCX

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Wait, how you could get the msinet ocx error if you say flmm said everything was correct ?
    the msinet issue can only appear while unpacking, or while activating the mod.... where you got yours ? :O

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• probably different error michael
    maybe the launcher error based on that file is meant, not the flmm one (my assumption)
    -> happens when IE is not installed

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Oh, when IE is not installed (doesn't matter if used or not).... true, even I wasn't sure it was giving this kind of error.

• hm, the error occurs when i try to start freelancer (i had this on the 1.81 too) - no matter if started from flmm(v1.31) or normal. IE is installed (but not used^^)

hmm, i thought the regsvr32 register the file in the registry...