Problems getting CF 1.81 to work

There are 36 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Baree.

• If like me, you had/have problems getting Cf 1.81 to activate without problems then i suggest you refer to the http://www.swat-portal.com/portal/download/CFguide.swf this will help you activate CF 1.81, but with one slight problem.

This problem is that 2 of the instructions are the wrong way round.

These instructions are; Install CF to FLMM then Install Freelancer, the instructions on the other hand SHOULD sayinstall freelancer first then install CF, if u dont follow the instructions posted in this thread then you will have problems getting it to work, also you'll (like me) get highly stressed and possibly throw your PC through the window (also like me).

Upon following my thread the amended instructions above will help you get on to the CF 1.81 server, allowing you to kick NPC ass, and possibly the ass of other players, on the basis of your skill being good enough

Hope this helps for people having problems

See you in space, and fly safe

BladeRunner (current forum name is [ATEC]_Trojan, server/forum name to be updated)

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.
    [1655] [731]

• yea after like 10+ attempts -.- and plenty of annoyance from my pc, but i found the guide and even that failed to help me properly so i changed how to get CF working and it worked, hence the thread post :) so when i get a chance i'll be joinin u online an causing the NPC's chaos >:D muahahahahahahaha

(\__/)
    [1655] [731]

• Hiya, total noob to Freelancer and Crossfire.

Just got the game the other day and installed Crossfire 1.81 as it looked soo much better! I'm not really one for doing the main story if there's an open play style i can mess about with first. So, i saw there was the OpenSP option in the mod manager activation options for Crossfire and selected it.

The problem is it doesn't 'appear' to be open ended at all?? I've had to do the actual first couple of missions to be able to even get a ship and level up. I also couldn't get out of New York system either until i did another proper mission. Is this install knackered or is there something i'm missing? :-S

OH! also...thought i'd try out the LAN option to see if i could play openSP like that but the flserver.exe won't start, it just error reports :-S

Thanks in advance

• all i can suggest to u is that u uninstall CF, Freelancer and the mod manager, reinstall everything using the CF Guide (and my instructions as above) then reselect the OpenSP single player mode.

if it doesnt work then i cant suggest any other ideas.

if after trying my suggestion it doesnt work jump onto the server and ask people on there for help.

hope it all works

(\__/)
    [1655] [731]

• Ok thanks, i will try a full reinstall and let you know what happened :)

It's just occured to me that, not having actually played the original Freelancer storyline, maybe this IS what the OpenSP mode is that i am playing? The Freelancer story but with Crossfire stuff? :-S I see Crossfire has it's own storyline in the FLMM 'view mod readme' button, in which case i better just leave it be lol.

Edited once, last by cuda_uk ().

• nah, the OpenSP of CF 1.7 allowed u to escape the first mission, plus all the jump gates we're open too

but i'm new to 1.81 as well, so im not sure if OP changed how the OpenSP works, im assuming he didnt change it, but like i said thats how it was when i played it.

happy hunting

(\__/)
    [1655] [731]

• Well, i just did the full wipe/reinstall of Freelancer/FLMM1.31/Crossfire1.81, selected Open Singleplayer and fired it up...and it's still doing the main storyline...methinks it's broken :( Ah well i hope my backup saves work lol.

• wen u installed ur freelancer, did u remove the saves/screenshots/etc?

cos if not that conflicts with the mod

(\__/)
    [1655] [731]

• Yes, did the whole lot. I cleaned the registry with CCleaner too (as suggested somewhere) I'm at a loss for now, but will try and pop on the server tomorrow or see if i can message the main man direct lol.

• the main man is a busy guy, it's wise not to message him direct, my suggestion is do ur best to get the server as/when possible, and ask somebody on there :)

(\__/)
    [1655] [731]

• Have you tried turning off your AV program before un/reinstalling everything.

Just a suggestion, and it sounds like a file is not being uninstalled properly

so reboot a couple of times after uninstall and check again for any leftover files.

You may have a broken download so maybe try redownloading CF.

• Yesssssss! Finally got Open Singleplayer to work! Still not sure what the culprit was but it was either:

1) Turning off AV while installing (which never affected any other game before, so that would be a first)
    2) Re-downloading a complete new copy of Crossfire 1.81
    3) Not installing the official Freelancer 1.1 patch (scared to put it on now incase it f**ks up my install lol)
    4) Not choosing to skip the cutscenes at the mod install stage
    5) Not replacing the flconfigdatabase.txt with the newer version (graphics card compatibilty update or something)

Anyhow it works and that's all that matters. Thanks guys! :D

• glad to help m8, have fun on the SinglePlayer, hopefully we'll see u in space sumtime, maybe causing chaos >.>

(\__/)
    [1655] [731]

• Yesssssss! Finally got Open Singleplayer to work! Still not sure what the culprit was but it was either:

1) Turning off AV while installing (which never affected any other game before, so that would be a first)

Told everywhere you have to close your AV for teh CF works properly... there are some security stuff that your AV don't know how to read, and mark it as 'possible trojan' or similar.

Also told no to install anything except FL-FLMM-CF and done. it's as simple as that ^^ no need to make teh smart and add 1.1 or other 1.4 or replace stuff... jntil there are problems.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• after multiple weeks on missing out on CF i decided to have a little fly around and cause chaos for some npcs, but instead my pc decided to epically fail and say my CF Launcher wont work -.- could anybody help me with this problem? p.s. im using vista (dont know if this info will help) anyway, i've tried running the launcher as admin but it still failed, i also disabled my anti virus, but no it failed again -.- if anybody can help me i'd be extremely greatful, and i'll pay u 1 million creds for your services (i know it's not much, but im short on creds XD) please help, i miss playin CF.

(\__/)
    [1655] [731]

• Please have in count Crossfire Version 1.82 was released !

You have to download the full new version, and install it correctly, which now has NO Problem with AntiViruses !! :D (except some netroot something, which finds virus even at WoW lol).

And then enjoy ! the new, great features ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• before i upgrade my Cf to 1.82 is there a way to find my MP ID, because my copy of freelancer is virtual and running via PowerISO so i dont have a program folder in my start menu :/ i'm scared makin a clean fl installation in case i love my MP ID code, cause i dont fancy havin to start again.

if anybody knows any way of finding the MP ID i would love to know.

thread replies/pm's are highly appreciated

(\__/)
    [1655] [731]

• Yes. Simple.

On swat---> Downloads Section--> find FLID Changer (the one uploaded by Michael (ME), as there's another one which don't even work).
    Unpack the 1 file, .exe wherever you want (recommended in the same folder as Freelancer, at Microsoft Games, but it works anywhere, even on desktop)
    Double click the FLIDChanger exe, there you see your MP ID, now click 'Save ID' button and it will make a new text file, with your ID and it's other 2 codes MAN and MANS.

Copy that FLIDs (only, or both with the exe, as your wish, but only with those 3 codes you have everything) file to a stick or somewhere outside, and now you can blow your PC cus you will never loose your ID ^^

There is a manual of how to use the 5 buttons that FL ID changer has, at the downlaod section, at description :)

Instant, easy and simple. <--- Perfect.