CrossFire dont want to launch...

There are 11 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bullwinkle.

• Hi there,

i'm new here, just discovered mods for Freelancer.

But CrossFire dont want to launche, other mod are running well..

I already did:
    - install, uninstall in different order (FL, FLMM, CF)
    - Clean registery
    - Delete savegame

I'm running with Freelancer 1.0, FLMM 1.31 and CF 1.81.
    My computer is a P4 2.6, 2go ram, Gforce fx 5700 Ultra on Windows XP sp2.

When i try to launch CF with FLMM, Original Freelancer screen appear and then application close himself.
    When i try to launch CF with Launcher, Launcher close and computer work then nothing.

Help!!!!

• WELCOME Ury to our community and well.... CF is t he biggest and most complex mod so there could be more reasons for some bug... which AntiVirus you have, maybe the AV is blocking the game so it don't launch ?

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• remove the old savegames... that will do the trick

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• He already did, and the game don't even launch, not that it crashes after the videos/before the menu, where is hte only moment the savegames affect the mod. There's something different imo... but I never experienced that neither heard about what causes it...

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• may i suggest another clean install by following the "Installation Instructions" in the CF Guide (http://www.swat-portal.com/portal/download/CFguide.swf). please do all as administrator and do not forget to remove any read only attribute from ur freelancer path. when deleting save games, do not forget "restart.fl", please. as suggested, some AV do think that CF is a virus and delete some very important files that way. if that happens, then either turn off ur AV, or include CF to the exceptions list.

have fun

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• Thanks all for your advice!

Actually i don't have any AntiVirus, do Windows XP could be the bad guy?

I will try once again to uninstall FL and take care of delete everything.

I will be back!

• No, windows XP is the most recommended for Freelancer Crossfire ^^

just try to be sure all goes the right way when installing it, then you'll have a lo of fun with the 4 GBytes of this mod ^^

• I went with no AV for... until about 1-2 years ago xD And my PC is fine... only cus I knew how to manually destroy the trojans, and know where you go on the internet and what you download, as tehre are traps everywhere.

The only thing a virus can do to you when you're student(with parents' control), is that you get an excuse to tell your parents to buy you a new PC as this one is virused... as parents usually know about virus = PC's death. xD

• My AV program continually quarantines the CF FL exe so before I can launch CF i always have to open my AV program and restore the exe file.

My AV tells me this happens to most online games because of the self monitoring integrity check in the launcher.

What a pain in the ass, let me tell you. :boffended:

• Many people don't know hot to destroy trojans.
    How do u do that?

Run a virus scanner in Safe Mode. That will clean up most things, including most stubborn malicious software.

You do not necessarily need to have your A/V Auto-Protect running all of the time. Just scan once in a while.

Rootkits can be more difficult. Fortunately, they are also more rare.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.