SWAT Mod Database

There are 5 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Huor.

• As we have moved to a new Portal the idea about this probably has been forgotten a bit. However - I still think for the future we will need such a feature.
    Good news is that this Portal should be able to handle such a database either by running it as a 2nd wiki type database or an integrated custom pages feature.

The idea behind that is that Mod creators (no matter which game they support) can sign up here at SWAT... fill in a form and get access to an area where they can start to present their mod. Thats the theory. Its a good service for entire game communities out there and its a good service for our members and visitors.
    There are some technical issues that need to be solved... but that should happen within the next 2-3 months (i still have other work to do).

This thread is to get your oppinion about the feature, your ideas and suggestions.
    How would you like to see the structure of such a moddb?
    Would you choose a different name (on the old portal something like that has been suggested)?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• This would be great... Especially combined with the community toolbar.

SWAT Mod Central, or Mods HQ

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• A mod database based on wiki is probably not a good idea. Wiki is good and has many features - but they wont suit the requirements of such a database.
    I would reommend to make special pages. Each mod should be categorized into its genre. And then it would be nice to integrate an abstract of each mod into the teaser box. finally we would need a rating as well. And additional kinda blog page - where authors and special group members (which one lies in the responsibility of the mod authors) post news, developer logs, a video as well as picture base

signature.png

• is available and installed
    i just didnt have time to do the config

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!