What do YOU think about SWAT-Portal 2.0?

There are 32 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SA_ARROW.

• Indeed there are many improves and this one looks better, now, with few more members in it , it will be great ^^

Counting the "About time" option as I like it, there are 19 votes in Pro, and 0 against. With 4 who doesn't care about.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• The old portal would sometimes crash me until I changed from default theme to simple with no background. This one seems to load a lot faster for me than the old one, too.

• Quite different and mostly WHITE at first sight, i like it more each day that goes by....

The white look gives it a less obscure and depressive look... Its refreshing, dynamic, good looking and potentially better for the community to gather, play games and talk about SWAT and the supported games !

I gotta say also that I didn't really noticed the Donation button in the previous forum but since it's straight in our faces up there ^, it makes me wanna donate everytime I open the page ! I'll do it for real as soon as OP change the langague of the PayPal page to englsih so i may know what info I need to type in the form.

Show you support by giving a little something too ppl ! many small amounts (like only 5 euros but you may give more ^^) will help OP pay the bills for us to continue enjoying this community and the CF mod !

ARROW out-

• the data from the old forum has been imported to the new db and this forum requires much more tables and info to run
    but still its faster ... probably the code is better (i know alot about php coding but that code looks pretty much like chinese to me)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• what do you mean with that
    its working

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• i guess its just different and he's stunned to see your new portal ^^

EDIT/ADDITTION :

Would it be possible to activate html on posts ??? I prefer the good old < and > to the [ and ] ! And besides on the SA forum my post are all in html so when i wanna cross-post news or announces to SWAT i have to reedit all my text to make it look similar in BB code... And i have not found an alternative for divs in BB code yet so i often have to make my post less attractive.

Just a suggestion !

Thanks !

Edited once, last by SA_ARROW ().

• I like how the new portal looks , was a little lost at the start but got there in the end lol.

Edit: wow i need to change my sig looks a little strange now, and a question why when i hit reply do i get a grey box where i cant see what im typing lol... i know this is a silly question and im sure there is a sensible answere.

Civility is not a sign of weakness , Sincerity is always subject to proof

If you would like to join a Military/Police Clan then click on the links below

Home Of Sirius Federal police........www.sfp-crossfire.com

Home of BloodGuard ..... --==BloodGuard==--

A FreeLancers life is a good life

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator

• dunny what grey box you mean

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• With the grey box, he means that intead of the white space, where you type the reply, he can only see the grey colour from the background(those grey and black dots, that you can't see grey letters on it), where he can't see what he's typing. That happens to my laptop, but it may be an IExplorer bug, or Vista combined with IE8 lol.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• ive tested the forum on opera, firefox, chrome, IE8, IE7 and even on IE6
    no such error

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• here is what i get.

Fatal error: PHP notice in file /homepages/6/d217255485/htdocs/php/forum/gallery2/modules/core/classes/GalleryView.class (660): Undefined index: id

Information:
    error message: PHP notice in file /homepages/6/d217255485/htdocs/php/forum/gallery2/modules/core/classes/GalleryView.class (660): Undefined index: id
    error code: 0
    file: /homepages/6/d217255485/htdocs/php/forum/wcf/lib/system/WCF.class.php (255)
    php version: 5.2.13
    wcf version: 1.0.10 (Horizon)
    date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 12:08:20 +0000
    request: /php/forum/index.php?page=Portal
    referer:

Stacktrace:
    #0 /homepages/6/d217255485/htdocs/php/forum/gallery2/modules/core/classes/GalleryView.class(660): WCF::handleError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/homepages/6/d2...', 660, Array)
    #1 /homepages/6/d217255485/htdocs/php/forum/gallery2/modules/core/classes/GalleryEmbed.class(1021): GalleryView->setStandardTemplateVariables(Object(GalleryTemplate))
    #2 /homepages/6/d217255485/htdocs/php/forum/gallery2/modules/core/classes/GalleryEmbed.class(852): GalleryEmbed->getBlock('imageblock', 'ImageBlock', Array)
    #3 /homepages/6/d217255485/htdocs/php/forum/lib/data/boxes/Gallery2Box.class.php(72): GalleryEmbed->getImageBlock(Array)
    #4 /homepages/6/d217255485/htdocs/php/forum/lib/system/portalbox/PortalBoxFactory.class.php(47): Gallery2Box->__construct(Array, 'gallery2box')
    #5 /homepages/6/d217255485/htdocs/php/forum/lib/system/portalbox/PortalBoxFactory.class.php(32): PortalBoxFactory->parseBoxData('type2', '46')
    #6 /homepages/6/d217255485/htdocs/php/forum/lib/system/portalbox/PortalBoxFactory.class.php(8): PortalBoxFactory->makeBoxData()
    #7 /homepages/6/d217255485/htdocs/php/forum/lib/page/PortalPage.class.php(42): PortalBoxFactory->__construct()
    #8 /homepages/6/d217255485/htdocs/php/forum/lib/page/PortalPage.class.php(36): PortalPage::initPortalBox()
    #9 /homepages/6/d217255485/htdocs/php/forum/lib/page/PortalPage.class.php(28): PortalPage::getPortalBoxes()
    #10 /homepages/6/d217255485/htdocs/php/forum/wcf/lib/page/AbstractPage.class.php(77): PortalPage->assignVariables()
    #11 /homepages/6/d217255485/htdocs/php/forum/wcf/lib/page/AbstractPage.class.php(36): AbstractPage->show()
    #12 /homepages/6/d217255485/htdocs/php/forum/wcf/lib/util/RequestHandler.class.php(63): AbstractPage->__construct()
    #13 /homepages/6/d217255485/htdocs/php/forum/wcf/lib/util/RequestHandler.class.php(91): RequestHandler->__construct('Portal', Array, 'page')
    #14 /homepages/6/d217255485/htdocs/php/forum/index.php(8): RequestHandler::handle(Array)
    #15 {main}
    IM using FF
    Its the newest beta version.
    I Click the portal tab and i get this.

meh.

• i cant reproduce this error
    no matter which userights i assign to my testchar ... its working

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Fatal error: PHP notice in file /homepages/6/d217255485/htdocs/php/forum/gallery2/modules/core/classes/GalleryView.class (660): Undefined index: id

Information:

error message: PHP notice in file /homepages/6/d217255485/htdocs/php/forum/gallery2/modules/core/classes/GalleryView.class (660): Undefined index: id
    error code: 0
    file: /homepages/6/d217255485/htdocs/php/forum/wcf/lib/system/WCF.class.php (255)
    php version: 5.2.13
    wcf version: 1.0.10 (Horizon)
    date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 14:48:39 +0000
    request: /php/forum/index.php?page=Portal
    referer:
    Stacktrace:

#0 /homepages/6/d217255485/htdocs/php/forum/gallery2/modules/core/classes/GalleryView.class(660): WCF::handleError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/homepages/6/d2...', 660, Array)
    #1 /homepages/6/d217255485/htdocs/php/forum/gallery2/modules/core/classes/GalleryEmbed.class(1021): GalleryView->setStandardTemplateVariables(Object(GalleryTemplate))
    #2 /homepages/6/d217255485/htdocs/php/forum/gallery2/modules/core/classes/GalleryEmbed.class(852): GalleryEmbed->getBlock('imageblock', 'ImageBlock', Array)
    #3 /homepages/6/d217255485/htdocs/php/forum/lib/data/boxes/Gallery2Box.class.php(72): GalleryEmbed->getImageBlock(Array)
    #4 /homepages/6/d217255485/htdocs/php/forum/lib/system/portalbox/PortalBoxFactory.class.php(47): Gallery2Box->__construct(Array, 'gallery2box')
    #5 /homepages/6/d217255485/htdocs/php/forum/lib/system/portalbox/PortalBoxFactory.class.php(32): PortalBoxFactory->parseBoxData('type2', '46')
    #6 /homepages/6/d217255485/htdocs/php/forum/lib/system/portalbox/PortalBoxFactory.class.php(8): PortalBoxFactory->makeBoxData()
    #7 /homepages/6/d217255485/htdocs/php/forum/lib/page/PortalPage.class.php(42): PortalBoxFactory->__construct()
    #8 /homepages/6/d217255485/htdocs/php/forum/lib/page/PortalPage.class.php(36): PortalPage::initPortalBox()
    #9 /homepages/6/d217255485/htdocs/php/forum/lib/page/PortalPage.class.php(28): PortalPage::getPortalBoxes()
    #10 /homepages/6/d217255485/htdocs/php/forum/wcf/lib/page/AbstractPage.class.php(77): PortalPage->assignVariables()
    #11 /homepages/6/d217255485/htdocs/php/forum/wcf/lib/page/AbstractPage.class.php(36): AbstractPage->show()
    #12 /homepages/6/d217255485/htdocs/php/forum/wcf/lib/util/RequestHandler.class.php(63): AbstractPage->__construct()
    #13 /homepages/6/d217255485/htdocs/php/forum/wcf/lib/util/RequestHandler.class.php(91): RequestHandler->__construct('Portal', Array, 'page')
    #14 /homepages/6/d217255485/htdocs/php/forum/index.php(8): RequestHandler::handle(Array)
    #15 {main}

now?
    Is there any difference?
    Some kind of a fatal error.
    I get theis when i click the Portal button.

meh.

• i still cant reproduce it
    it just does not happen to me

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,