"IDS?" instead of names for "new" commodities/ships

There are 14 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• Hi

Last week i thought i might play FL once more, so i searched for the CD and even found it. Saturday i started with Clean install, then i downloaded CF1.81 from ModDB, installed it and everything, widescreen manually patched and then i started playing (SP).

All works fine, except all "new" stuff, like the "Very Heavy Fighter" you can get on Pitsburg or the "lifepods/pilots" are all named "IDS?" and have NO information attached. No infotext, no ship statistics.

Any Help?

• probably a corrupt installation (most likely due to a write protected file in your FL directory)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Yes something from the old CF wasn't cleaned up, your same question on the other thread is also answered ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I have same problems, but instead of Werewolf in Pitsburg a have IDS on some advance scaners and tractor beams and ships in Sea of Shadows (king tiger, dark angel, shadowblade). I have clean instal of Freelancer, and i have check my system registry, i instal CF 1.81 via mod manager 1.3.

probably a corrupt installation (most likely due to a write protected file in your FL directory)

My instalation was succesful in mod manager. So due to this i need to check every file piece by piece to uncheck read only? ?(

• Wait, half of the CF fiels are write protected... but none made such bugs O.o

I had a total IDS issue, where everything was like IDS? but solved alone after restarting PC (or so I think, all I know it gone alone xD ).

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Yea, this is strange becaouse i have some IDS on new ships and items, but not on all. Im flying Shade right now, and this ship has descriptions, like a few others. Maybe my avast mess something with install, dunno...

• probably a restart of your pc is all you need to do

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Restart change nothing, i have IDS on some missiles, scanners, tractors and those 3 ship mentioned so far. I will go forward with my SP Campaign and check other things. And tommorow, mabey after i will reinstall again whole game.

• then one file is missing from your crossfire installation

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Ok i solved my problems. Avast indeed was blocking 2 files from CF 1.81 self extracted installer exe. They were put to quarantine as malware generators without my notice.
    And now when i start game avast disables those files:
    nameresources.dll located in F:/GRY/Freelancer/EXE2
    server.dll located in F:/GRY/Freelancer/EXE2
    I send them to Laboratory of Avast Team for veryfication.

Edited once, last by Nazrel ().

• they will very likely tell you that their scans can never fail
    however i recently made some promising tests with different encryption methods of those files which did not cause any alerts on the AVs
    Huor confirmed it by doing similar tests right on the so called malicious software

after changing the encryption those "infected" files suddenly appeared to be clean (shows pretty much how much shit those AVs detect)
    there is a final but tough problem to solve with the new encryption now (adding a security check) but then the AV issiue should be history

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Well... wondering what Avast you have, cus mine did no problems with CF... and I have a professional registered version.

• Yep ^^
    But we still have to get to 1.82 and check that and the rest of fixes done... with many players online at once at that moment.