Out of ideas...

There are 7 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by supercars.

• Ok, turned my computer on this morning and anti-virus detected a generic Trojan virus in Freelancer.exe and auto-deleted it. No big deal, likely a false alarm so just a matter of reinstall. So, complete wipe and uninstall of Crossfire 1.8, FLMM 1.31, and Freelancer [making sure to remove residual folders and reg entries]. Reinstall Freelancer, apply patch, reinstall FLMM, reinstall Crossfire 1.8

During the activation, antivirus detects Trojan again in Freelancer.exe and FLMM aborts the activation. No way to turn off antivirus from the AV console. No big deal. Do it in Safe Mode. Remove everything [again] restart in Safe Mode. Reinstall Freelancer, FLMM, Crossfire. During activation, FLMM hangs up about 60% of the way thru and becomes "Not Responding".

Attempt#3: Uninstall everything [yet again], uninstall antivirus. Reinstall Freelancer, FLMM, Crossfire 1.8. During activation, FLMM goes "Not Responding" and hangs up [went out for dinner for an hour, came back, still at 60%].

Attempt#4: redownload FLMM and mod. Wipe evrything again. Reinstall Freelancer, fresh copy of FLMM 1.31, fresh copy of Crossfire. During activation, FLMM hangs at about 60%.

Any ideas?

• if you have an fresh install FLMM, open and close this one time with your own hand,
    make sure thats closed and THEN extract the 1.8
    close FLMM again, open with hand and THEN aktivate 1.8
    the bar hold on by 60-70% ,its right, need an little time, but only one coffee without doughnut :)

EDIT:

Originally posted by Rex Nebular Reinstall Freelancer, apply patch, reinstall FLMM, reinstall Crossfire 1.8

which PATCH? 1.8 DONT NEED ANY PATCH
    the original FL 1.0 without patch, dont need more

• Actually Ive already tested that. When you install the FL 1.1 patch, it actually causes other big mods like CF 1.8 to stop responding and no amount of waiting will do any good. After you install FL, just install the FLMM, CF 1.8, and Id suggest at this point to restart your computer, then activate 1.8 in the FLMM.

• That worked guys, thanks a bunch. Also have to play with AV turned off [found where to disable resident scanner]. Now just waiting for server to be back up. :D

• That's odd because when I installed CF 1.8 for the first time I had a clean install of Freelancer with the 1.1 Patch, and it worked fine. I had to reinstall 5 times but that was because I had the wrong settings selected and experimented with the new cursors. :)

[CFPD]Lone_Renegade __________[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_TR
    [CFPD]Lone_Renegade*/**/***__[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_BS

Crossfire Federal Police Department Website

When you want to curse and swear, don't despair, use some flair. Be creative with your words, and enjoy the whole affair!