Gamedata files?

There are 10 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by zebby12.

• Hi Everyone

I did a search for crossfire gamedata and found nothing so sorry if this is a repost - it's my first post here..

I'm playing the SP and OpenSP and I like to use the IONCROSS player editor to create new custom starts - like being a nomad defector or some crazy stuff like that..

I think there is an app to extract the GAMEDATA files (also from IONCross) but that never worked for me, doesn't even install successfully..

Are there Gamedata files for CF1.8 or could someone perhaps make some?

http://www.ioncross.com/software/

I love that the mod is mostly original and minimal about the ships..

• The mod is original+ CF 1.7 + 1.8, that makes about 100 new systems,100-150+ new ships, new weapons, new alien races... graphic improvements, heavy improvements at objects, stations, docks and space :D etc, etc, etc :D
    minimal about the ships ? :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• such files wont be released

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I meant that the Single Player was not affected too much by ships..

I mean, most other mods are replacing all the ships in all the stations so it's relatively easy to do the SP campaign in a unbalanced supership ;)

Having said that, is there a list anywhere of the ships?

Did you guys include Elite or Federation ships??

I'm not sure if I can download those ship-packs and add them to the SP crossfire mod..

I guess I could just revert to another mod - Frontierspace for example (that would be a big shame, your mod rocks!!)

Originally posted by MrPras
    I meant that the Single Player was not affected too much by ships..

I mean, most other mods are replacing all the ships in all the stations so it's relatively easy to do the SP campaign in a unbalanced supership ;)

Ships
    Are you asking where to buy new super ships?

Some are available from New York, immediately after Mission 1. There is a cool "assault freighter" (like the Millenium Falcon in concept -- I wish it looked like the Millenium Falcon!). There are also several Very Heavy Fighters (VHFs) (including Spikey's favorite).

More new ships are available from New London.

And I am sure that you found the VHF on Planet Pittsburgh?

Finding Secrets
    If you have not found the bases with the new ships yet, use the Nav map to display Patrol Routes for friends, enemies, and neutral factions. Investigate where other ships go.

The best parts of Freelancer are not on the trade lanes!

Also, keep your eyes open as you fly around. Crossfire sometimes lets you see objects in the distance that are beyond the range of your scanners. If you see an uncharted jump gate, jump hole, or other object in the distance, go check it out.

Crossfire Lists
    Unlike other Freelancer mods, Crossfire documentation is hidden and sparse. :)

That appears to be intentional, although it does not appear to be explained anywhere. It is more like an adventure game that way... it is up to you to find things.

Hint: Read the News.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

• Hi there, interesting list, but it does not have all the ships in the game. For example the CF 1.8 ships, at least most of them from what I checked, are missing.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I have entered all the codes which i found from shiparch but for most of the battleships their name is crossfire ship 1,2,3 like that....and some ships like the discoverer i didnt enter cuz there were disvorerh,discoverers so i was confused still u can tell me which ships are missing....

@IOC SIlverfox : I asked Swat_opr8r abt releasing the gamedata files he said that i can release but he wont support it

• Yeah, those ships with "discovererr" "discovererh" "discoverers" "discoverere" and same for the other repetitive file names are most of the CF 1.8 ships, and they are different ships of the same family.

And yeah, seeing what tool you used for them, he knew it wouldn't work properly.

But you can use the Lexicon we have here to see each player usable ship, and such, or at least each ship that was added to that Lexicon, I never checked to see if they are all there. For example Eagle , see it's in white and underlined, that is an automatic move from the Lexicon when you type something that's in it (more than just ships). If you click on that white underlined word, you will get to the Lexicon. You can also get there by rolling over "WIKI" up in the top bar, and clicking on "Lexicon".

SilverFox: Anyway, it's mainly a list of ship names, it shouldn't do any harm, it's not like he's stealing anything.