ANY1,SOME1,PLZ HELP

There are 13 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by LibertyHunter.

• downloaded crossfire installed it tryed to play and i get a message saying

'Runtime error 53
    CF_CL.dll could not be found '

PLEASE HELP SOME 1! thnx

Dont mess with liberty navy.We are Strong.We are Loyal.We will kill u.

• please try a clean install by following the "Installation Instructions" in the CF Guide

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• sorry the actuall problem is with the mod manager when i go to activate the crossfire 1.8 mod half way thru activation its telling me therre was an error and something could not be found.ive correctly followed all the steps explained in the guide several times but this problem keeps occurring...
    please any1 that has had this problem b4 or knows the solution id love to hear from them QUIKLY as possible

heaps thhanxx......

• His sig is just nearly double than yours Spiky :D

Hunter: When you activate the mod, it say an error by the middle ? (it's normal that the lines bar that shows how the activation is advancing sometimes disapear, but it's still going on. ust too busy to shwo the bar :D ). If it's saying a clear error message, it means the destination is not a fresh FL install, or that you aren't using FLMM V 1.3. Just 1.3. Even if you made a fresh instal of FL, you have to 'Select Destination Folder' by the FLMM's menu, in case it's not headed at where the fresh install is. Make sure to delete any old signs of past CF installations, make a fresh clean install of FL, use the FLMM's menu to select the folder where the FL Instalation is, Make sure NO Other mod is installed with that FLMM, all mods should be on black before activating CF. If they are in other colours, then use the 'Restore backup' button, then reselect the folder where the clean FL instal is. Also be sure that, when you decompressed/installed CF download to your FLMM, you've selected just the FLMM's folder, not the mod folder, and so, when the decompress of downloaded CF pack is over, the FLMM has to appear on itself, alone. Called by the CF download itself.

Some fail in theese tips ? If you could open and depack the download of CF, it autocheck itself before, so what you downloded should be correct.

Also, remember to deactivate your antivirus. Some AVes may stop some CF files... as some have encripted codes for some safety reasons, and the antivirus may delete it, block, or not allowing it to be activated or even decompressed by the CF downloaded file(the one of 1.33 GB). So, if none of the tips from the first part of this reply worked, you should try deactivating the antivirus, and reinstall CF dowlaod file to a new FLMM, and try activating it again Without the "Screen Shot Capture Settins" feature, just let it on 'No', or you may have problems for entering game.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• OK. This happened to me, I think the problem was in the 1st download I made. So either I obtained an incorrect version or it became corrupted along the way. Make sure you get the correct version from the SWAR Portal and not a referral link, for example from forum like I did in the first instance. That link has now been removed. If you then follow the installation guide as suggested by Hagar and found by clicking on the link he has provided, I think you will be successful. Most important: allow CFsetup18.exe to install the mod into Mod Manager Directory. Do not cut and paste it there yourself. Also as Michael has suggested be patient with Mod Manager it takes a while let it do its job. Good luck.

• hey guys thanks heaps for ur quik replys.i will try the things you have suggested when i get to ma computer i play freelancer on.

Also-can some1 pls post a link to the download for the CORRECT copy of crossfire 1.8 as the copy im using may be causing the problem

thanxxxxx again......

• also another thing to add to that last messsage.do u guys no how long mod manager usually takes to install CF.and can some PLZZ PLZZZ PLZZZ give me a link or point me in the direction of a correct CLEAN CF 1.8 copy

THANX HEAPS!!!!!....................

• it´s recommended to make some cups of coffee, tea or rum while FLMM is activating CF 1.8 but it depends on your machine how long it will take. If you are using a download before the 6. January as far as i know, you have to download it again because that one was a more early beta.

Click the image above to visit us.