/v/lancer Crossfire theives?

There are 144 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Hellraiser.

• Yeah, basically.

Anything they do is for their own fun. This is the concept of anonymous.

Fritzl case, they laugh. Haiti, they laugh. Tsunamis, they laugh. Virginia Tech massacre, they laugh.

They're just like us, they have their black humour. But they release it in a wild form.

Creator of the SWAT Mod: Freelancer: Expanded Universe - currently halted due to university activities, but you can help if you want :D

Go to the FL:EU's forums

Also click here...

Pff, I'm not afk. I'm just lurking, coz I don't have even time to post, think about the time I have to mod >.<

[instagib] [woot] [instagib]

• Board Statistics
    Our members have made a total of 87 posts
    We have 10 registered members
    The newest member is Sephir
    Most users ever online was 16 on Jul 19 2009, 08:12 AM

As I said earlier, I wouldn't worry. They're closed, any non-bro will be b&.

Creator of the SWAT Mod: Freelancer: Expanded Universe - currently halted due to university activities, but you can help if you want :D

Go to the FL:EU's forums

Also click here...

Pff, I'm not afk. I'm just lurking, coz I don't have even time to post, think about the time I have to mod >.<

[instagib] [woot] [instagib]

• wanted to ask something about the thieves.
    for example:

Crossfire (2009?) VH Fighter "Werewolf" (Pittsburg)

Starwolves (2004) Light Fighter "Stiletto"

Um, looks pretty much the same.
    isn't it against your rules to use models or textures without permission? Because I doubt anyone of you can even speak russian. Not that i complain about it, just wondering.

• clearly to say ... when its in CF then because of proper rights
    what i am wondering is why newly registered ppl (registration today) make their first post on this topic in such a way
    its just weird when ppl go straight for this thread after their registration especially since that thread is not visible to guests so i exclude the chance that somebody has read it and decided to register in order to reply to it in the same way i would exclude that such ppl are players which are interested in the mod, because those would have choosen one of the thousands other threads to make a first post.

but thx for taking care
    in the FL community it is well known that i ask for permissions of everything that i use... this has not changed over the past 10 years.

oh and btw. SW has a nice modding community supported by c1

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• well, actually, i wanted to ask about the crashes and disconnecting from the server every 30 min, but the first thread i saw was this one. maybe that is the reason?
    and, by the way, i haven't found anything about disconnecting.

• using the search would have helped

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally posted by Hellraiser
    U fund this on planet PITTSBURG?

I told you to look around, Hellraiser! :)

Originally posted by Phillips
    Um, looks pretty much the same.

What?! I don't see any similarity at all, Phillips. One is clearly yellow while the other is somewhere between pink and red.

Just kidding... :)

but OP does credit his sources in the ReadMe and elsewhere, and there are several members of the Swat community who live in countries where Russian is common.

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    what i am wondering is why newly registered ppl...

OP... Phillips' post is more funny than offensive. He is obviously making a joke (ok, maybe a "pointed joke") and anybody reading this thread will notice his registration date. I know this is a sensitive topic for you but, come on, the guy is amusing. It is not as though he is trying to fool anyone. Plus he put some effort into getting those screen shots in exactly the same position -- so give the guy a little credit. It's a good joke!

And, really... it is not as though you do not deserve to be teased a little sometimes, right? You frequently paint a great, big, bullseye on your forehead when you make absurd statements without explanation. You KNOW that you deserve to be kidded about it, don't you?

Everybody knows you are a great modder, OP... but taking an aggressive attitude toward every newbie on the board just makes it look as though you don't actually want anyone to play Crossfire.

Laugh a little! Life is too short to spend it fighting with everyone who shows interest in your (excellent) work. Let them express themselves, in their own ways, just as you like to be able to express yourself in your own way.

Consider this alternative: Laugh with Phillips and tell him who you credited in the ReadMe. Wouldn't that defuse any possible barb while simultaneously encouraging people to have fun with Crossfire?

Taking a tangent: Hasn't this thread served its useful purpose? It is becoming ridiculous. I hate looking at it, and I am sure that you and others do, as well.

Could we all, please, save the fighting for PVP in game?

:)

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

• its ok
    np
    i just react sensitive on such topics as i take them very serious

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    its ok
    np
    i just react sensitive on such topics as i take them very serious

I know... and giving credit to original artists is a serious topic. You must have put thousands of hours into Crossfire.

But life is a balancing act. Too much of anything is... well... too much. Part of the price of being a celebrity is that people will tease you... it happens to all public figures.

Smile and enjoy it!

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

• yeah - they posted even news at TSP which i successfully requested to get removed

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

If they want to play with Crossfire stuff then they have to play on the crossfire server, if they want to play with discovery stuff then they have to play on the discovery server, if they want to play with shattered worlds stuff then they have to go to the swwt server.

You know, you're a real idiot, aren't you? As long as we aren't making money off of it, and as long as we aren't keeping you from making money with it, we can steal whatever we want. Oh no, they're unoriginal and took two things from our mod! I hate to say it, but I played Crossfire a while back, and it was just terrible. I play Discovery all the time, and their community is slowly rotting into nothing. So our community that isn't absolutely shit takes stuff from mods, mixes and mashes it, and makes it our own. Boo-hoo, we stole a ship that looks like yours, and every other ship you more than likely made a copy of from a movie or other videogame.

What's that, you don't want us in other modding communities? Boo-hoo again, you make it sound like you really hurt our feelings when you do stupid shit. And you might want to be careful about what you tools say, because I see a bunch of posts that I can report to the police. MAKE A VIRUS FOR US, EH? HACK OUR STUFF EH?

Stealing something that's free isn't stealing, it's just copying. Hacking and planting viruses is a federal offense.

And herp, who cares if you removed our post, we have our lovely /v/ to post in.

Tell me, how many people are active right now in Crossfire? 10?