The recent downtime

There are 31 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• As you may have noticed or not SWAT got again hacked last night.
    I of course suddenly decided to go P.A.N.I.C.S. (People Acting Normal In Crazyass Situations) and took detailed logs about the entire attack (just a few hundred MB). Next step was to go to bed (yawn), wake up, go to work, contacting the ISP to inform them about the attack, calling my lawyer, talking to a few other admins and writing this thread. Furthermore i will talk to a few more ppl, ask a few inconvenient questions to some other ppl, probably watch TV a bit, go to bed, wake up, go to work, meet my lawyer and report this issue to the police.

Meanwhile of course it could happen that SWAT get hacked again. I additionally will download the new logs and add them to the stuff that the police will get. Afterall we are confronted with a crime and why should I worry about it more than neccessary if there are ppl that get money for dealing with such crimes.

If the CF server makes problem due to the dynamic economy give me a notice and i will simply synchronize that stuff manually.

Some ppl already have asked me who has hacked SWAT. Well this is just my personal oppinion until ISP, lawyer and police did their job. But I doubt that somebody is hacking FL sites without purpose. Someone has to benefit from it. There are not many FL communities out there.

We have FLC which are our friends for quiet some time, there is Station Network which also belong to our friends and which couldnt take benefit from it since its a german site, there is The Starport which got attacked aswell and belongs to the victims.
    (the TSP site is offline atm since they lost their host due to the attacks)
    TLR is dead or at least not part of the FL community anymore.
    Suspicious is Reactorforge.... why?
    They have contacts to azza which hacked many FL sites in the past (including us and TSP). They made deals with azza (which actually was not legal) to merge TLR with RF. Most of the RF moderators where moderators at TLR and protected Azza and Knife while they hacked FL communities.
    Reactorforge has big plans... the multigaming social community which actually is an empty multigaming not so social community barely gets any visitors.
    And suddenly that TSP and probably other FL communities are getting attacked Reactorforge reachs out the helping hand to host TSP and all other sites which got attacked.
    A site full of moderators which lied to the community, which protected well known hackers, which made illegal deals with exactly those hackers... exactly that site is reaching out a helping hand with the claim "Reactorforge is secure" / "Reactorforge is protected".

That smells to high heaven.
    Just alone the statement that RF is secure is either a lie or the ultimate truth (just a matter of how you want to see it).
    Not that long ago - when TLR did still exist and the people of RF were not so friendly towards TLR - mr. azza simply hacked RF. So actually RF wasnt that secure, the site failed, the admin failed, everything failed. And suddenly RF is the only secure site for FL players? Cmon... that must be a joke.
    Or maybe the RF ppl know where these attacks against FL communities come from and they can be 100% sure that RF does not get hacked (probably because the purpose behind these attacks is a benefit for RF). Based on the history these guys have and based on their "friends" it wouldnt surprise me.
    It is a bit weird that reactorforge has the ultimate solution for all the communities which get attacked... "come over to RF and the attacks will stop because we are immune to these attacks eventhough we got hacked not long ago".

I know since last nights talks that many ppl from various servers have the same feeling and dont trust RF anymore. I dont know how this will end. Maybe we will see TSP at RF soon, maybe they change their mind and stay independent. The next weeks will be very interesting and if i find out that one of the existing FL communities played a role (no matter how big it might be) in these attacks then ill make sure that that community will not survive the next months.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Well I 2nd that. Other communities get hacked over the past month or years. They had to suffer like TSP had to suffer under those attacks - like we do everytime we are hacked.

Its indeed very suspicous that RF claims they are secure where on the other hand other communities get attacked. Why would i claim to be secure? Maybe due to the same reason OP mentioned already. Only if i know that the attacks are justified in the name of me with the knowledge that the attackers are working for me - I could easily claim it.
    Well RF cant be sure - not more than any other servers. A ping of death or flooding will also make their services struggle or even crash. Sure there are tools outside that can detect such crap and do necessary counter measures - but even the tools need a very sensitive configuration otherwise the service would not work proper as well.

I wouldnt trust RF due to the history over there. Claiming that history is history and nothing of this exists anylonger whereas the same persons are acting in the background is not very thrustworthy. I believe TSP would do better to remain independent. If you have a halfway reasonable provider they would lay much interest to stop hacking attacks. Its their work, their servers, their network.

I am excited to see how this will continue and develop - hopefully into something better - but in the background of RF i doubt that.

• In the meantime try to analyze the attack, it will be very interesting if it's the same attack they use again and again on different communities.

Rank + Codename: Captain Blade
    Wing: Dragon Wing
    Organization + Leader: DragonCorps - DC_Hägar

• probably... at least they are the only ones which benefit from such a situation and with their contacts and their history.. yeah

atm they play knights in shiny armour offering hosting to all FL sites, even offering hosting to us (WTF?!?) since they claim that RF is the only secure FL site and absolutly protected

I asked nicely on their site how such a claim can be valid after RF actually got hacked not that long ago (when azza still was their "enemy" which is not the case anymore). Instead of getting an answer to that i got alot of personal comments, self praising and an interesting history lesson showing that azza is not a bad guy and that the entire FL community has been misinterpreting the past (yeah sure).

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• just a few minutes ago SWAT got attacked once more
    the attack happened right after i had to defend the SWAT staff from the claim of a RF staff member that ppl from here hacked other FL servers

furthermore i am a racist now... at least thats what the claim shows.

the attack fortunatly could get stopped with the help of the server provider. Its probably just a matter of time until the next attacks start.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Is my internet connection screwing up, or was SWAT attacked again earlier today?

Crossfire Characters:
    (IOC){Dark_Angel} and any derivatives thereof.

• yeah - there was an attack

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    yeah - there was an attack

Sorry, didn't see your last post.

Crossfire Characters:

• I noticed too - the forums would load as a blank white page and eventually the browser would give up. If this starts up again, would you like us to shoot you a message on MSN to make sure you've been made aware?

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• yeah
    btw. the RF threads got deleted (wiping out the truth once more)

the next site which got attack was digital brilliance right after i was able to stop the attacks here and prevented that more attack could get done that night

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• So is it RF that are behind these attacks?

------

Staff Sergeant KhohnJao

GwaedGiardiau - Atal Amddiffyn Ymateb
    BloodGuard - Preventing Protecting Responding

------

------
    Fuck it all, Fuck this world, Fuck everything that you stand for, Don't belong, Don't exist, Don't give a shit, Don't ever judge me!

I push my fingers into my EYES!!!

Originally posted by KhohnJao
    So is it RF that are behind these attacks?

Most likely. As OP said, it is either RF who is hacking the other sites, or they are merely protecting the people who are doing it. Either way, RF is the prime suspect.

Crossfire Characters:

I zoned out for a while here, then came back in when AzzA was helping to "move" all of the FL communities into this one.

eventhough this quote from RF is probably just a typo it describes the situation best

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• The data contained in GoDaddy.com, Inc.'s WHOIS database,
    while believed by the company to be reliable, is provided "as is"
    with no guarantee or warranties regarding its accuracy. This
    information is provided for the sole purpose of assisting you
    in obtaining information about domain name registration records.
    Any use of this data for any other purpose is expressly forbidden without the prior written
    permission of GoDaddy.com, Inc. By submitting an inquiry,
    you agree to these terms of usage and limitations of warranty. In particular,
    you agree not to use this data to allow, enable, or otherwise make possible,
    dissemination or collection of this data, in part or in its entirety, for any
    purpose, such as the transmission of unsolicited advertising and
    solicitations of any kind, including spam. You further agree
    not to use this data to enable high volume, automated or robotic electronic
    processes designed to collect or compile this data for any purpose,
    including mining this data for your own personal or commercial purposes.

Please note: the registrant of the domain name is specified
    in the "registrant" field. In most cases, GoDaddy.com, Inc.
    is not the registrant of domain names listed in this database.

Registrant:
    Domains by Proxy, Inc.

DomainsByProxy.com
    15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
    Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
    United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: REACTORFORGE.COM
    Created on: 03-Jul-08
    Expires on: 03-Jul-10
    Last Updated on: 05-Jul-09

Administrative Contact:
    Private, Registration REACTORFORGE.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
    Domains by Proxy, Inc.
    DomainsByProxy.com
    United States
    (480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Technical Contact:
    Private, Registration REACTORFORGE.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
    Domains by Proxy, Inc.
    DomainsByProxy.com
    United States
    (480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Domain servers in listed order:
    NS1.VILAYER.COM
    NS2.VILAYER.COM

Registry Status: ok

• last night TSP got hacked again
    the FL community is highly instable and based on its structure a risk to its players

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Wow, who'd have guessed! Another thread about "Oh they're all bad, attacking me"... and without evidence too :)

Originally posted by KhohnJao
    So is it RF that are behind these attacks?

There is no evidence, it is all based on heresy and claims here are subjective.

As Swat would say "it's a fact" - yes, it is a fact. He doesn't know - he thinks, but remember his opinion is highly subjective, and that doesn't make it true ;)