Solurus Systems New Hi-Speed Server + 1.175 Version Online

There are 14 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by KraKen.

• IP is 69.162.66.154:2302
    Current Version - 1.175

Solurus Systems MOD is now hosted on a very hi-speed server courtesy of Turion, special thanks goes to him for hosting my MOD!

The new server is capable of hosting up to 128 players at this time without any lag, if we get enough playing I will patch it to 200 players with W0dk4's hack. Come join us and play one of the largest MODs for Freelancer, new players are joining all of the time. Old players are welcome to come back and be part of the rebuilding of this universe. Old players are also invited to resume taking control of your original system and faction.

To install the Solurus Systems MOD, do the following...

Install Freelancer from your CD

Run the autoupdater downloaded from HERE, this is the full 1.171 installation package.

Download and run the program from HERE to install version 1.175. Use 'Install From Web'.

Once you have installed the MOD, right click on the Freelancer.exe and 'Send to desktop' as a shortcut.

Edit the shortcut to include -s69.162.66.154:2302

Start the game from your newly created shortcut and enjoy!

Several of the Reactor Forge staff play on the server and are willing to help new players get accustomed to the ins and outs of the game. Feel free to join us.

I usually play as LS or U.S.S. Korelian, catch me in-game if you need help.

If you decide to play as a clan, role play is expected of you, freelancers are allowed to play in whatever fashion you wish.

Griefing players is not allowed, 2 kills is the max unless you both agree to PvP, no exceptions, if you disobey this rule I will show you the true power of an admin ship and grief you.

Play fair and have fun, thats what it is all about.

• *moved to the news*
    but ive not seen a modded FL server yet which can handle 128 players without lag (not even with best hardware)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I hope we get a chance to find out, it's on a 1 gigabit connection running on a quad-core system. If it lags I will eat my words :)

I sent the post to the link u sent me in PM, plz update me if it's wrong...

• well my server runs with equal connection speed but on a dual core
    but as long FL is a single core application the number of cores should actually not be important

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• At least the underlying system has to care about this - there are a plenty of programs out that are built like FL (for single cores) nevertheless they seems to run better the more cores there are. At least they are faster and as far as i have seen there are several threads running in FL so every core can handle a thread - the more cores the less the lag that is produced by them ;)

Anyway is there a homepage that can be visited to get further impressions by this mod?

• I guess either digitalbrilliance.com or reactorforge - They host the server if I am not mistaken.

(And who knows - There might be also a mod db page, but I don't know for sure )

• Digitalbrilliance.com or ReactorForge.com

There isn't Moddb page, due to the age of the mod there is alot of infocard stuff that needs to be fixed...

• @ Lancer, as of today 03 Oct, 1820 GMT, i am unable to connect to your server to download the new files. it seems your server is offline. is there something wrong or are you doing maintenance?
    -PipeHitter.

[SIZE=6]

TRAMPLE THE WEAK! HURDLE THE DEAD!

[/SIZE]

Download and run the program from HERE to install version 1.175. Use 'Install From Web'.

Ok, tried today and was able to connect to TeamSpeak. When I tried to select the link from your post, I got to the digitalbrilliance website but it had a 404 error where the file is supposed to be.
    -PipeHitter.

Edit: never mind. sometimes i can't help my own stupidity and my occasional hatred of Vista. i forgot to set the updater to run as administrator. all is right in the world!

[SIZE=6]

TRAMPLE THE WEAK! HURDLE THE DEAD!

[/SIZE]

• In theory a dual goes faster for single core games since FL is made on a 32bits platform. Even so the serv need enough memory and a scsi bus... Nobody wants to buy a ferrari without a decent engine inside.

Regards

• i cant see why it should run faster just because FL is 32bit

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• My bad i didnt want to say it would run faster... i meant that it wont lag if we let aside internet conection issues. Its all about talkin properly

Regards

• the only benefit i can see from having more than one core is to seperate the FLserver from the other processes
    but having more than 2 cores doesnt make much sence to me

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,