SP campaign question

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by etarm.

• I posted this under the "who plays SP" thread, but since no one had replied, I thought I'd make a new thread too.

I just started playing the mod in SP mode. Maybe I'm not supposed to do bring in my old character from the base game, but I didn't want to start from the beginning again. Anyways, I was able to copy in my old savegame from when I finished the base SP campaign. Should this work? I really don't want to start from scratch, and it would be cool to continue where I left off. Will I still have access to the new campaign stuff, or will I be missing something important?

Also, I seem to be stuck at Level 34. Next level says "Mission", and it's been that way for quite awhile, even though I finished the old SP campaign (at least I think I did -- it seemed to come to a conclusion, though it's been years since I completed the old SP game). There certainly haven't been any clues as to a new mission. I've seen reference to a level 38 limit, but not L.34.

Finally, if it is possible to play CF with an old savegame, is there a difference playing with OpenSP on or off, if I've finished the base campaign?

Sorry for all the questions. So far, I'm enjoying the mod -- thanks! Much help appreciated.

Cheers,

Ed

• I am pretty sure you cant otherwise people might hack their characters to have large amounts of credits and then bring them online. So there is too much room for abuse.

In saying that, what did you have? -Maybe a kind sould will start you off with a loan to get you back to where you were and you could maybe pay them back?

---
    My Rig: Quad 3.0Ghz / 4GB RAM(1300Mhz) / Twin 260GTX SLI / Water cooled (18'C idle, 27'C max load), 1TB HDDs (RAID1) - system noise is less than 20 Decibels (barely audible).

• It would be better to remove the entire Savegame directory and start a new game since several elements of the mod very likely wont fit to your savegames
    (factions and their reputations are stored in there and if you dont get fresh data by removing the old savegames including the restart.fl and starting a new game you risk errors)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Twisticals, this is on the SP game, not the MP game, so I don't think someone can loan me money?

Thanks SWAT_OP-R8R. I didn't want to have to play the entire base campaign again, but maybe I'll try Open SP mode. Selling prisoners seems to be pretty lucrative, so it might not take me that long to get back to where I was before.