Posts by etarm

Twisticals, this is on the SP game, not the MP game, so I don't think someone can loan me money?

Thanks SWAT_OP-R8R. I didn't want to have to play the entire base campaign again, but maybe I'll try Open SP mode. Selling prisoners seems to be pretty lucrative, so it might not take me that long to get back to where I was before.

I posted this under the "who plays SP" thread, but since no one had replied, I thought I'd make a new thread too.

I just started playing the mod in SP mode. Maybe I'm not supposed to do bring in my old character from the base game, but I didn't want to start from the beginning again. Anyways, I was able to copy in my old savegame from when I finished the base SP campaign. Should this work? I really don't want to start from scratch, and it would be cool to continue where I left off. Will I still have access to the new campaign stuff, or will I be missing something important?

Also, I seem to be stuck at Level 34. Next level says "Mission", and it's been that way for quite awhile, even though I finished the old SP campaign (at least I think I did -- it seemed to come to a conclusion, though it's been years since I completed the old SP game). There certainly haven't been any clues as to a new mission. I've seen reference to a level 38 limit, but not L.34.

Finally, if it is possible to play CF with an old savegame, is there a difference playing with OpenSP on or off, if I've finished the base campaign?

Sorry for all the questions. So far, I'm enjoying the mod -- thanks! Much help appreciated.

Cheers,

Ed

I just started playing the mod in SP mode. Maybe I'm not supposed to do this, but I was able to copy in my old savegame from when I finished the base SP campaign. Should this work? I really don't want to start from scratch, and it would be cool to continue where I left off. Will I still have access to the new campaign stuff? I've spent some time in the mod in SP mode with my old character doing some trading runs and exploring, but I haven't yet found any of the new ships. I really need a ship upgrade beyond my current heavy fighter to make it through to Omicron Alpha, maybe 'cuz I'm rusty, maybe 'cuz I'm using a trackball, and I'm concerned that by copying in the old savegame, maybe the new ships aren't available? If it is possible to play CF with an old savegame, is there a difference playing with OpenSP on or off, if I've finished the base campaign?

TIA

Ed