I'd just like to say

There are 28 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by DC_Phoenix.

• 1. I give you 24h to change the name of your forum account on the forum profile or this account gets banned due to its offensive name

2. to delete savegames is required for ALL major FL mods. If you dont do that your Singleplayer gets corrupted with the result of wrong starting conditions, wrong reputations, missing emphaties and hundreds of other errors (and that is a well known fact)

3. CF is the most detailed and most complicated FL mod on the market... and the very first which introduced a dynamic economy and a dynamic universe... these features require the use of a launcher instead of the ineffective updating via stupid patches
    4. since Crossfire 1.7 is the most downloaded Freelancer mod ever and with being in the top100 of the MOTY very likely also the most successful I can live pretty good that from the more than 160.000 downloads of users which really like the mod a few people complain about stuff they dont understand
    In the end this is not even my problem ... since I decided long time ago to care more about all the people which like my work instead the very few people which have nothing better to do than to complain in a very offensive way

5. If you have such big problems about the multiplayer rules in SP then feel free to make an offer how this can be changed
    since Singleplayer and Multiplayer are identical (thats how Digital Anvil designed Freelancer) I am really wondering how you would like to change something that nobody in the entire Freelancer community has any control about

6. It is not true that the forum is the only place where you can get support... but I question it that you are looking for support.
    It looks to me that you only want to complain since you have not asked for any help (until that point of time when you complained about it).

7. The registration is neccessary in order to keep everything working... and for sure you have not yet earned the right to judge about the services we offer to the players here for free.

8. Vista
    Freelancer was coded for windows XP... and so was all our software coded for windows XP
    We only offer software (our mod) being compatible to certain software and hardware requirements. We are not a big company being able to make everything compatible to every piece of software out there. We are also not able to make everything compatible with every new OS that appears on the market. This is simple not possible.
    All we can offer is to help finding solutions for possible problems... not more... not less.

9. As already mentioned we offer a free service. Players have the permission to use our work... but we are far far away that players have any natural given rights to force us to do something or any right to tell us what we have to do.
    Furthermore we expect that the rules of this place gets followed (which includes the choice of the username and the way people act here).
    As we offer this service (and many other services in the entire Freelancer community) we also could decide to stop working for your pleasure.

10. considering that i can expect a less offensive way of acting and the change of your forum account name to something that does not violate the rules of this place I would welcome you to the SWAT community

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• ImustROFLatallwhatcomesfromFuckYourMandatoryRegistration...

IalwaysKnowThatTheDAUIsNotTheSoftwareItsTheUserThatIsSittingRightInFrontOfThePC

FuckYourMandatoryRegistration
    holy crap - where have you learned to cry like such a baby and i am wondering if you do so everywhere? Is that your normal manner...?

ThanksForYourKindlyFeedback - WhatAboutIfYouSearchInYourLocalLibraryAboutAnyHints - with this behaviour here YouCantExpectMuchSupport!

• Wow, this got hostile fast.

OP: All I said was that this mod is the most difficult one I've ever tried to install. I don't understand why you think I need to earn the right to make that judgment.

You can go ahead and ban me now if you want, I said all I came here to say. The support was a nice bonus.

• i told you what you have to do if you want to stay here
    your choice

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Originally posted by FuckYourMandatoryRegistration
    Wow, this got hostile fast.

correct after the first few sentences from you the hostilities started.

You blame us for this hell of work you have to do for installing a mod. I don't know whats so damn hard. We even have guides that support you. But well - i know you have to read them and finally understand them. :D

And finally you don't need to uninstall or delete your previous freelancer version/save games... Have you ever heard something of renaming (in windows - mark the directory, press f2, press ->, press any letter - tata its renamed)...

Arrrrrrrr now i give support for people who don't deserve it - damn evil me ;(

• I know this is an old post, but I have to say I had the same unpleasant installation experience. Installing the mod wasnt the highlight of my weekend.. But when it worked (though I still have issues with IDS tags) on Monday morning at 2am... O MY GOD, what a mod!
    -T

---
    My Rig: Quad 3.0Ghz / 4GB RAM(1300Mhz) / Twin 260GTX SLI / Water cooled (18'C idle, 27'C max load), 1TB HDDs (RAID1) - system noise is less than 20 Decibels (barely audible).

• Yeah but you didn't name your account fuckyourmandatoryregistration and came in swearing like a 12 y.o. pissed off brat...

Live another day

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

<-------ONCE AGAIN ARISING FROM THE ASHES. ONCE MORE TO KICKS THE CSF's ASS TO THE NEXT SECTOR.------>

http://i024.radikal.ru/0810/0b/985e1e888a76.jpg

<-----------------------------------------------DC Phoenix - General [866][865][866]---------------------------------------------->

[21] Intel Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz - Asus P5KC M/B - Ati Sapphire HD3870 512Mb GDDR4 Graphic Card - Ballstic 4x1Gb DDR2 1066Mhz RAM - 1 x 160GB + 1 x 250Gb SATA HDD - 2 x DVD-R/W Drive - Jeantech Orchid 575w PSU - iCute Custom Case - ACER P223w 22" Widescreen Monitor - Wireless Keyboard And Mouse - 5.1 Surround Sound Setup - Take Pride In Your System And Build It Yourself [21]

• Sorry to throw my 2 pence worth in to...... well what seems to be a very enjoyable flame war to watch...... but, I would recommend to all ppl out there trying so hard to install OP's fantastic mod but failing for what ever reason, is that, maybe, at the end of every step of the installation (i.e. just finished installing FL or just installed CF into FLmm or just done first batch of downloadable updates through the CF launcher screen (repeat this part at least 2 times)), is to do a system re-boot at every step of the way.
    I had similar problem the first time I tried to install all (FL, Flmm, mod and launching in one quick install) without re-booting. Once I realised that that was my problem I was able to install and load CF up without any problems and have re-install all serveral times too, not only my own PC but on to others as well.

P.S. sorry bout the double post thing there :)

<-------ONCE AGAIN ARISING FROM THE ASHES. ONCE MORE TO KICKS THE CSF's ASS TO THE NEXT SECTOR.------>

http://i024.radikal.ru/0810/0b/985e1e888a76.jpg

<-----------------------------------------------DC Phoenix - General [866][865][866]---------------------------------------------->

[21] Intel Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz - Asus P5KC M/B - Ati Sapphire HD3870 512Mb GDDR4 Graphic Card - Ballstic 4x1Gb DDR2 1066Mhz RAM - 1 x 160GB + 1 x 250Gb SATA HDD - 2 x DVD-R/W Drive - Jeantech Orchid 575w PSU - iCute Custom Case - ACER P223w 22" Widescreen Monitor - Wireless Keyboard And Mouse - 5.1 Surround Sound Setup - Take Pride In Your System And Build It Yourself [21]