Mod of the year contest at moddb

There are 43 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by magnet.

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    well since we dont have that many players like one year ago i doubt that CF has any chance to get into the top100 this year

I tried to finish CF18 before the awards started but that didnt work due to thousands of small probs and not enough time
    Like i already said - i doubt that CF has a real chance this year and i also dont have the neccessary time to update the moddb page with new content

Hey SWAT_OP-R8R!!! You truely need to let go of your negatives and start really thinking about your true positives! Trust me man, I have been there and done that also myself in more ways than you can even imagine!!!

But I do want to say, you have really made something neat here and your fans [ even of what you have left ] still love this game, including me!

I know life is not easy and I guess it was not meant to be but, when you have something so positive as what you have here I would always would pursue it without regret because I simply love the admiration, appreciation and most of all the time spent on great work!!!!

Please .. everyone vote for CF 1_8 and keep the spirit alive!!!!! 8)

Thank You!!!!

PS: SWAT_OP-R8R would you like me to help you with that????

• I have voted and also one of my friends ,so.. CF has 2 more votes!! :)

• Crysis, thank you mate for bumping it!

There are only two Days left for your votes, so i will make it a little more urgent. It is not enough to use the first Vote Button, you need to press another Button aswell, please check if you did so!

If you do not know how to vote:

- after you clicked on the image below you will be taken to the ModDB contest.
    - login with your account or register yourself.
    - press the Vote Button and you will be taken to the Top 100.
    - choose the Category Freelancer
    - in Front of Crossfire 1.8 you will see another Vote Button, press it and Crossfire has your vote.

In all other cases just press the image below please, [SIZE=3]Crossfire need all your votes![/SIZE]

Click the image above to visit us.

• today is the last day for voting:

abstract of top 100 from moddb
    On January 17th the Top 100 mods and indie games you voted for in phase 1 will be announced and a second round of voting will commence until February 2nd. Again, it is up to you, to vote for your top 3 in this list - so we can narrow the top 100 down to a handful of winners...

• yeah sorry but a short explaination
    im not negative... im realistic
    at the point ive wrote this the situation simply didnt allow any other judgement since we started into the mod of the year contest with a 2 1/2 year old mod and absolutly no promotional work for the Crossfire 1.8

That we changed the strategy and turned it into a massive PR campaign for the entire Freelancer community was not even imaginable at this point of time. And lets be honest... we have got tons of votes from the entire FL community because in agreement with other FL sites and with the FW team I did very agressive promotional work for about 4 weeks involving the entire FL community and begging for every vote.

The past 4 weeks ive mainly done PR work... dealt with CF community matters (which also has cost me MUCH time) and had to deal with many FL community affairs + helping some other modding teams which asked me for help
    That has cost me much time that i was not able to spend working on CF.
    On the other side the CF server looks pretty full now and I was able to bring a few hundred players back to FL.

Looking back its easy to say that it was a good month for us... but when i wrote that statement the situation did look much different.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• lol... I kept pressing the first Vote button and thought I had given my vote, im glad that its still the last day you can give out votes... ^^

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• I did that mate, first I pressed vote from the imagine view, then in top 100 I clicked on FL, then on the left side of Crossfire there is "vote" again, I even pressed that too :)

• + also thx for the FW vote

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• did they extend the voting time? thought that 2nd of february is end?

• they seem to have a different calendar

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• i always wonder how you can see the rank
    the only rank i can see is the daily rank based on visitors

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• the first 6 on the score board - but yes the other is the daily rank^^

• On behalf of the FW: ToW Development team, I want to thank you all here for your support during the ModDB awards. It just shows that even thought we have different mods/servers we play at, we're still bound by this amazing game.

Thanks a lot fellas. All the best with the CF mod at moddb (despite their new sponser :S)

• the funny thing is, from what iv read maybe different, is that CF and FW both have a predecessor
    eg CF 1.7/FW 18.43 and there later versions are not complete but people still vote for them(later one) for
    moddb top 100 in my eyes its the great concept. for an instance, CF is THE mod that changes SP
    with amazingly great visual effects and has the great mp with alot of friendly people, and adds a
    huge amount of custom stuff and its just huge!! alot of fun gameplay there:D FW is the best
    starwars mod thats been made so far and has a big planet sized station going to be in its later
    version. (starwars...there's defiantly a fan group there lol)
    but its MP only.
    that is in my eyes why the two are in the top 100 they both
    have a good concept

what do i chose?

i chose CF cuz its supports SP fully and has its own quest and its effects surpass most mods (possibly all!) and the blown up planet X043 that's just cool! and two more unique systems sol and altere (something like that) the sol concept is awesome! cuz of its size! its like flying though real space! and cant wait to fly on a planets surface! and pass though that mega hyper gate thing!

FW? no why? well it does look good and has really cool detailed SW ships and for crying out loud! a planet ring like station! awsome!!! but on the other hand, it dont support SP i can defiantly say it would have lost votes from the SP fans but its still in the top100 thats gota say somthing! and the ship detail is dam fine!
    man i do want to give it ago though to see why its up in the top100 but at 56kbs you are very limited lol...

EDIT: looking at both mods, i might consider voting for both!

but thats what i think of the to anyways :)

• can someone remove the announcement with the vote for the mod on the portal page - cause its over and it cannot be voted any longer ;)

• Could somebody pls *finally* remove that console message from the server!?

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->