grrrr

There are 16 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by pcforce.

• Id like to inform you that yesterday my MS3d stopped working (eventhough the serial was entered).
    That means installing windows again... and much wasted time.
    I hate milkshape. Yes i do.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• why do you have to re install windows because of that cant you just remove MS3d and make sure you clear all old reminants of the old software from you programs... temp files and remove any entries from the registry.

Civility is not a sign of weakness , Sincerity is always subject to proof

If you would like to join a Military/Police Clan then click on the links below

Home Of Sirius Federal police........www.sfp-crossfire.com

Home of BloodGuard ..... --==BloodGuard==--

A FreeLancers life is a good life

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator

• Yeah first try to kill the programm @ the /regedit.
    If this doesn´t work....donno.

(Fallen)Nekro-PLG ; (Fallen)Nekro-[T] ; (Fallen)Nekro-DS ; (Fallen)Nekro-BS

• i am sure that OP already tried this trick^^
    yet i am convinced that clearing the registry would not help very much...

• I have never heared of not being able to remove any software other than reinstalling windows that just seems ridiculous.

Civility is not a sign of weakness , Sincerity is always subject to proof

If you would like to join a Military/Police Clan then click on the links below

Home Of Sirius Federal police........www.sfp-crossfire.com

Home of BloodGuard ..... --==BloodGuard==--

A FreeLancers life is a good life

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator

• what can be dont to solve this issue: After the install of windows and before installing ms3d make a full backup of the registry. After installing ms3d again a full backup of the registry. Then a simple text compare of those two backups could make clear what additional entries are installed to the registry :)

A bit of work to do - but mainly we can get a workaround without installing windows over and over again...

• there are hundreds of posts on forums that exactly tell that you can deinstall ms3d... remove all reg entries... install it and get the same error message

even worse... i once installed windows again on a different partition and got that error again
    most secure way to fix this problem is to format the hdd and install everything again

I also tried to "observe" all changes done with the registry ... there are enough good tools around there... no luck.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• my copy is still working fine, i installed it in november 13th and so its more than 30 days of work now

i must note that the past december 13th, exactly 30 days after installation, when i started the program, avira antivirus detected the files devil.dll and ilu.dll in milkshape folder as virus (generic crypted files)
    i denied access to those files and the program didnt start
    i tried again, it detected again the files as viruses and i told avira to ignore them... ms3d started working and ive got no more alerts or trouble since then

so... as avira never detected those files as virus before that relevant date and it never detected them again after that date, i guess the protection system of ms3d is somewhat related to those files...

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

Bunny thinks Ed is not as cool as him

• you could try blender, it offers much more and on the blender website you can download alot of
    video tutorials from there to learn how to use it. you also need to get python but the version
    needed for that program. the downside is i dunno if a third party plugin has been made for freelancer:D

and its FREEE!!!!:D :D

• and blender is absolutly incompatible with freelancer files

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Whats the problem? you need a new key ore is the program damaged ?

(Fallen)Nekro-PLG ; (Fallen)Nekro-[T] ; (Fallen)Nekro-DS ; (Fallen)Nekro-BS

• the problem is that the program is not working anymore (it is not damaged) and it does not accept new keys
    It cannot be reactivated... not with regmon... not with any other keys... not with deleting the registry entries

that is the problem

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally posted by -=[T-R-F]=-Huor_Súrion
    what can be dont to solve this issue: After the install of windows and before installing ms3d make a full backup of the registry. After installing ms3d again a full backup of the registry. Then a simple text compare of those two backups could make clear what additional entries are installed to the registry :)

A bit of work to do - but mainly we can get a workaround without installing windows over and over again...

What about the above mentioned steps - i am sure we so can find out what keys are inserted by ms3d and what has to be changed in order to get it working again...

at least worth a try?!!

• again... I tried that already
    the problem are not keys or reg entries

if that would be the case there wouldnt be thousands of posts telling that MS3d cant be cracked or that no key is working
    the problem is somewhere else and i seem to waste my time with tries to find a solution
    to install windows again and format my hdd does work for sure and is much faster

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally posted by pcforce
    Virtual PC

yep, good idea, but dont allow the virtual machine to access real hard disk, use always virtual disk space... if i werent using registry entries to find where the program was first installed (and seems ms3d doesnt), id create a file somewhere in the hard disk... or even place some kind of flag in MBR
    that last possibility would explain the "not working in different partition" effect

in that case, if virtual pc can access real hard disk the protection would work as if it were installed directly in the main OS

btw, mine is still working ^^

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

Bunny thinks Ed is not as cool as him