Minor problem

There are 37 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Guest12.

• Since yesterday i get this

warning when i launch CF. When i click "No" i can only play singleplayer. When i click "yes" (something i rarely do with such messages) all works well. Maybe it's insignificant. Just wanted to let you know.

(i'm a bit surprised that IE says it has a problem since i was pretty sure i condemned IE to an eternal state of inexistence as soon as i downloaded Firefox. But oh well, the sucker must have hidden itself somewhere on my HD, and to nobody's surprise is making troubles now. Duh)

• I got this too sometime, but when i clicked "No", i was able to play MP again.. so.. no problems.. i think that's a virus or is from your Windows^^(i guess that windows on your pic is Vista)

• the launcher is based on IE code

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I had it before and had it yesterday and the day before yesterday - if i remember correct the first time i got it is about three weeks ago. Then it was away for two weeks and now it´s back.

It has btw. nothing to do with an Antivirus Kit or a Firewall (turned both off for testing).

I get this message everytime i am staring the Launcher on 3 different Computers.

Click the image above to visit us.

• The CF Launcher uses ActiveX to access IE functionalities. So you need a working IE for using the Launcher (but - of course - you can use FF for surfing, as I do^^).

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• I have a working IE (old version) and had no trouble before.

• reason might be active x updates

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally posted by DC_Hägar
    The CF Launcher uses ActiveX to access IE functionalities. So you need a working IE for using the Launcher (but - of course - you can use FF for surfing, as I do^^).

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    reason might be active x updates

ok, i'm not going to ask for a translation^^

after all, it somehow works, so everything's just peachy

• Good idea OP

If you are waiting longer you will get this too:

Two additional hints for the Master of the CF Launcer to solve it or make a tutorial how to setup proper Zones in IE6.

MS knowledge Base:

Anzeige der Skriptfehlermeldung "Zugriff verweigert" bzw. "Berechtigung verweigert", wenn die automatische Konfiguration die Zoneneinstellungen anpasst

Internet Explorer kann Benutzer fälschlich zu Eingabe der Anmeldeinformationen auffordern

Additional to this a clientside IE Update to the newest version should solve the problem (i won´t do so because last time i did it - my whole System crashed - i will press yes instead.)

• I will have a look. But if a bl**dy click on yes will do (^^), then I wont change this version, but work on the new one.

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• well i dont think its launcher based - there was no update about the ie yesterday - so i assume that this also wont cause the problem...

• Ahoy mates

Apologies for attaching myself to madame Lucy's (evil swashbuckling pirate - boooooo!!) thread -

but recently I have tried to get online a few times - not least to pass back Dop's stored treasure - but once the launcher updates itself - and I try and launch the game - it just crashes.

The only thing I reckon I could have changed on my system since the last time I played was adjust some of my Trusted Sites thingy - does CF need to be included here? and if so - what address needs to be included?

Many thanks

• This topic is about a script error in the launcher before the game is starting

For your problem, try to delete the d3d8.dll from the freelancer/exe directory.

• ok, i'm sorry for all the fuss i have made about it, but it looks as if that script-warning is gone again.

PS: Az, only thing i can think of is that OP had the wisdom to include an automatic protection system to protect players from being ripped off by flower dealers selling them highly overpriced petunias, gladioles and, last but certainly not least, tulips.

• right automatic protection against tulips

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• oh man those tulips are dangerous - you don't make jokes about stuff like that :D

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

Originally posted by LibertyHunter
    These are the sorts of problems you get with vista

... and tulips! Don't forget them tulips. Many brave man made that mistake, to forget about them. For most it was the last they made :D

Originally posted by lucy in the sky

... and tulips! Don't forget them tulips. Many brave man made that mistake, to forget about them. For most it was the last they made :D

i dont get wot u are trying to say

Originally posted by LibertyHunter

i dont get wot u are trying to say

it means.. if you dare to forget about the tulips. it could happen, that this might be the last thing you will ever do :)