Virus warning when launching CF

There are 46 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Rockatansky.

• everything are false positives! I wrote it on moddb that the changed files wearing a kind of signatues that is very likely similar to those found alerts. But you can quitly install CF. We all have and we are aware that we dont have trojans on our harddiscs ;)

So do not worry about those found trojans.

• what huor saying is true....
    the thing u need to be afraid of is the false gossips or news u found on the net....
    as long as the anomalies didn't effect ur pc its ok....
    u can try checking the task manager n see if any unknown file or program is slowing ur pc down in the processes tab...

• Thanks for your quick answers.
    Not that I dont trust you. But I would like the advice of SWAT_OP-R8R. Because he said that.

sudden appearance of a warning should be taken more serious as this file has nothing to do with the CF release Ive read that some ppl at SP have similar problems with this file... to me it sounds like something is really wrong there and not just a false warning problems dont start all of a sudden without reason either that or there was an update of the antivir which causes these messages

And isnt he the best person to know ? no?

• If you are not sure with a file, upload it to www.virustotal.com .The file will be checked by 30 antivirus applications, which gives u a quick overview, on how different AV apps see the world. Get NOD32 if u want good protection and less false alarms ;)

Plastic surgery since 1500 AD

---
    o
    L_
    OL
    This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.

Originally posted by Rockatansky
    Thanks for your quick answers.
    Not that I dont trust you. But I would like the advice of SWAT_OP-R8R. Because he said that.

And isnt he the best person to know ? no?

Yeah, he might be. However, he also might have to do other things and not read this thread.

Btw, the "sudden appearance" of the problem i described in my opening post was in fact caused by an update of my antivir. It disappeared and i never seen it anymore, like i posted a couple of posts later on the second site of this thread.

• there is nothing wrong with asking - especially on such a matter
    I can confirm that the message that you get are false

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!