CF 1.8 can bases for clan leaders

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Wolvie.

• hi OP and everyone

I have come with an idea after talking with my dad about it he says to make an topic to discuss this with the CF people and more important ... to talk abot it with OP

my idea is that everyclan leader of each clan have ONE character with an special ability ... that ability is that they dont have a fighter but a flying homebase special for the clan ... an base where people can dock at it and buy some stuff ... maybe an cool addon on it is the clan storage ... a special room for a storage for the character or clan ... dont know if this is an good idea because I think we have some probs then with jump gates but it would make an great bigger gaming experience for all players in the game.

I'll hope some more people like this and maybe OP will put it in game but if it isnt possible to do this things ... then I just did my best :)

regards,
    kenneth98 in-game {LP}Ressurected-Evil{X}

beware a new kind of player is coming online

• Players are not able to dock at another player. It is not possible in Freelancer.

You might be able to create new bases by copying and editing some of the files but a moving
    base would have completely different features which are new to the Freelancer "engine".

As far as I know it is actually possible to do it by console command: Lets say you see your
    leader in his battleship and type /dock. Like that you might be able to "dock" at a planet
    but as far as iI know you would undock from this planet instead of from the ship.

Also thiss would need a hell lot of organisation and maintenance as clans arrive and leave
    from time to time and positions in these clans change.

There are ways to have a Clanbase but in my oppinion it is just not worth it.

• I agree but there is an way to do this but is something verry advanced new gameplay GEN so it would be hard to make (can take years to change the right software)

beware a new kind of player is coming online

• actually there is a way to dock on another player... (dunno how, but i saw it on youtube once...) WITHOUT any /dock commands & you undock from the same player you docked on...

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• Ownable bases is something that allready exist in other mods, but i dunno how its implemented and how they work...strange shit hehe...

Btw as an idea is great, but i think OP will Hardly implement it...at least for 1.8

• i know how to create such bases
    but i dont think that its a practical feature since too many updates are needed

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• yep, for 1.9 or 2.0

Only for server clans it should be done since they own a system ^^

Get it right, Its ERRR. The wolf way.. associates from GRRR.. Stupid humans! xD

• and if your clanleader log out you cant undock?
    a fix base for a clan (maybe distroyable) could be more easy

-------------(IOC)X-Ray---------------(IOC)Anubis--------------

• No, a base.

But that requires tagged clans. like CFPD would be tagged [CFPD] infront of name instead of nickname [CFPD]*

I have seen it on another mod which isnt a big mod, only 32 mb, but I assume there is alot of work in those bases because it also requires a website manager to hack chars on the server

Get it right, Its ERRR. The wolf way.. associates from GRRR.. Stupid humans! xD