Blackboxes help required

There are 11 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by ternkay.

• I'd like some help please - looking for Blackboxes in Sovetskaya and can't find any - Sovetskaya system is HUGE. Found one in Nephele and rumour cracked code of System to go to - found one in Gladius and codes of co-ordinates still unsolved - no rumours found in any stations in Sovetskaya - found Sleeperships in Sovetskaya (MOSCOW and MINSK) but both are empty - finally found Tomsk gate and explored Tomsk, found three wrecks, now back in Sovetskaya - where or what should I do next? Great game and still love this mod!!

• I'm playing in Singleplayer mode so I'll be on my own. Do I need the coordinates in Gurm? I've found the rumour with the translation of the Blackbox which indicates Gurm but haven't found the translation for the coordinates yet - will the Jump Hole show up anyway?

Appreciate the help

• Yes, It will show up

All systems are accessable as far as i know off in Crossfire SP

Get it right, Its ERRR. The wolf way.. associates from GRRR.. Stupid humans! xD

• Dom`Kavash trip is a very hard for a newbee, especially if you alone there. No one base to land, so no respawn point there. ...and long way back:)

CF chars - Maxbur and derivatives
    Roleplay on server: Merc/Smuggler
    You can hire me for all sort of job: dirty and not so - but I`ll make it clean. It will cost you :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Einstein

• thanks for the warning - I'll just have to take my chances. I have what I think is a well armed and armoured ship so hopefully it will be enough. Would it be better if I went searching for the Death Valley quest before I venture into Dom'Kavash territory? Also, why is it that I get no rumours in Sovetskaya about the Blackboxes?

Still glad of help :-)

• i've done that on every station so far - in my experience when you select a character a 'talk box' appears - if there are symbols in the 'talk box' the character has some news or rumour, if the 'talk box' is blank, character has nothing for you. First time I arrived in Sovetskaya there was a rumour, i.e. the blackbox info that meant Gurm, but I've found nothing since then.