CF 1.7 activation problem - pls help

There are 15 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Diggity.

• Hi,
    I have been playing on CF 1.7 server for some time now, but since today server was not working i tryed to deactivate CF 1.7 in FL Mod menager, to play somewere else until CF server is back online.

When i pressed the deactivation button in FL mod menager, when deactivation was almost finished some error window poped up saying some thing like: "Problem deactivating Crossfire 1.7 mode" and asked if i want to restora backups, i pressed 'Yes'.

And then the mode was deactivated.

Later, i tryed to re-activate the mode but when activation loading bar was almost finished the same error poped up again saying:

"Error: problem activating 'Crossfire Mod 1.70 Client Edition' Look in the log for more details.

Here's the screenshot:

Similar thing happend to me before, on two different computers.

At that time i have tryed to reinstsall FL, reinstall FL mod menager and CF 1.7 and after few attempts of everything, it was finnaly activated.

But now, the same thing is happening again and now i dont have Freelancer CD so i cant re-install it.

I have tryed reinstalling Crossfire mod 1.7 but it still doesnt work.

Please help!
    Thanks.

• Hm. There are millions and millions of topics on this, but meh.

You MUST. Restore backups before you deactivate. You must now...

A) restore backups.
    B) deactivate the mod
    C) uninstall and delete FLMM and its contents.
    D) Uninstall FL
    E) reinstall FL
    F) redownload/activate all of the reqs for CF.

The reason being is that CF replaces certain vanilla files, and the MM doesn't know what to do about it -- completely FUBAR's my system everytime I do it any other way than the one I described.

• I'm sorry for posting already existing topic ...

A) I have restored backups 10 times now
    B) its already deactivated
    C) OK...
    D) OK...
    E) I dont have FL cd
    F) OK...

I wrote that so u can see the problem, so is there any other way, something i might try ? Download a specific file(s) and replace them ?

• Delete everything related to freelancer including saves ect.delete flmm.
    reboot
    Install flmm,install cf 1.7. reboot
    Install FL
    reboot
    Activate CF in flmm

I reboot cos it does help with files being removed.

• 3rror m8. Please do it in the order that Wavey said or you get problems. If FL is installed first it ruins the process for some reason.

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums

• I did everything exactly as you said... and it worked!

Thanks everyone!

EDIT:

Unbelivable!

New problem, as i said, i activated the CF1.7, i launched the client, i downloaded updates then i clicked on the "Lauch Crossfire multiplayer" button. And then nothing happens :S
    The client window shuts down and then FL is supossed to opet but no! Nothing happens [3]

EDIT2:

I managed to bypass that problem by pasting crack freelancer.exe into the EXE directory of Freelancer and starting FL by clicking on that crack icon. (Starting FL CF 1.7 in CF Client didnt work even after i cracked the game)

That way, FL Crossifer 1.7 starts (i dont know if its a SP or MP), i go to Multiplayer, enter my code and then there's no server ?

Is it me or is the server off again ?

• 3rror, m8, what u did with that crack thingy messed it up completely... ahhh, m8.
    now u have to install it all again... hmm, no, just install 1.7a patch now, it will get things back to proper way. so, u need to do next (after ur 2nd edit):

1. install 1.7a patch (to ur freelancer folder ofc),
    2. start using regular shortcut,
    3. let the game update,
    4. start the sp,
    5. exit the cf fl,
    6. start using shortcut,
    7. let it update once more,
    8. start mp,
    9. enter server.

plz, no cd-cracks!

note: u did everything as u should have done the 1st time, it's just u didn't see EULA policy confirmation window because it got minimized, thus causing ur edit1... ahhh.

We sit together,
    The mountain and I,
    Until only the mountain remains.

- Li Po

• Ok,

but guess what, another problem:

/downloads/CF17aPatch.exe was not found on this server. Additionally, a 300 Multiple Choices error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

anywhay, how come game worked with crack and how come there is not server again ?

EDIT:

I tryed installing CF 1.7a patch into the Freelancer folder where is crack, and installation reported an error saying that there's something wrong with G:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Freelancer/EXE/freelancer.exe.

So i tryed to install the patch into the another Freelancer folder - which i created as backup before installing crack.

And this time in the end of patch installations there was
    another error:

"Installation failder becuose Common.dll was not fould. Re-installing aplication could solve the problem"

• ok, if u have backup of the cf before the crack, whether it has now cf1.7a freelancer.exe or cf1.7 one, just copy it back and start the game. copying freelancer.exe file should b enough, if crack didn't change other files.

btw, game worked with a crack, yes, but not quite (since u have overwritten launcher with cd-crack, which is highly incorrect). freelancer.exe in cf is launcher, not the regular freelancer.exe file, which is renamed to something else.

i hope this is the end of ur case finally. the more u try to fix the issue urself, the more u kill the game. if this doesn't work again, because of whatever, just plz reinstall everything.

We sit together,
    The mountain and I,

- Li Po

• ok, just let me say...

did you read what i siad ? The laucnher did not work before i installed crack.

I will copy that FL without crack, but that doesnt matter, the lanucher isnt gonna work...

And pls tell me, is the server online and working or offline ?

• server is working, and u r not reading what i already wrote, m8:

note: u did everything as u should have done the 1st time, it's just u didn't see EULA policy confirmation window because it got minimized, thus causing ur edit1... ahhh.

if the game doesn't start again, take a look at taskbar and there u will see eula confirmation window, accept, update and voila!

We sit together,
    The mountain and I,

- Li Po

• thats possible
    the 1.7a patch is needed on some systems in order to work

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• It's working now, i did what goodone said... i transfered my backup FL to original FL folder, now i can launch fl from CF lanucher and i can find server.

Thanks m8.

• Hey I just downloaded the Mod and got the same errors he had but i got the game to work currently working on re-installing everything but i had one issue that was never brought up while In game...

I couldnt see my curser at all so i couldnt even play the game... any ideas?