Mod Database

There are 10 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• No no no
    that has nothing to do with the moddb site

In the past days many mod creators voiced their thoughts and wishes about the presentation of their work.
    The SWAT Portal does host several mods already, some are developed here, others can be downloaded here only.
    The frontpage does offer much information about the games we suppost - also about vanilla FL.
    But we don't host much info about all those mods yet. We need to present them to the players.

So i came up with the idea to create some kind of mod database. The Portal would have such a link on the FL section. Mod creators basically could submit information about their mods and present them to the public. Story, features, credits, installation instructions.

The original idea included that the mod creators can submit their content and we will add it to the page. Meanwhile i think its better to allow mod creators to manage their mods, edit them, post images, extend the descriptions if needed.

This way we can provide more info for the players on a fair base.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Hmmm...so you would create a new class of moderator for mod creators to manage their own mod page? Sounds like the "anti-LR" :D

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

Originally posted by Centaurian
    Hmmm...so you would create a new class of moderator for mod creators to manage their own mod page? Sounds like the "anti-LR" :D

Well from what I've been able to see on the LR page lately it would seem that they no longer provide a forum, downloads, or anything really except links to other sites. Once they have been revived we'll see, but for now think of it the other way around - LR is the "anti-SWAT" perhaps? ^^

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• giving a mod and/or server owner the chance for advertising by showing the mods specs will attract more ppl to come to SWAT. it will simply give more valuable information to be found together at one place before making a choice...

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• yes - that ensures that they can edit their info and update it in case of new versions

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• We just have to remember that this place might look just like LR in a few months time frame. :(

I support the idea too as LR seems to have no content. :)

THE FASTEST ONE

• sounds good to me

*hic* Wheres me rum, LP is returning, we will return, and we will fight to the death. Want to join LP, contact us at http://lostprophets.forumup.org/

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

The king and his men stole the queen from her bed
    and bound her in her bones
    The seas be ours and by the powers
    Where we will, we'll roam
    Yo, ho, haul together,
    hoist the colors high
    heave ho, thieves and beggars,
    never shall we die
    Some men have died and some are alive
    And others sail on the sea
    With the keys to the cage and the Devil to pay
    We lay to Fiddler's Green!

• Greetings to all.

I am Murazor, one of the admins on the newly launched Colonial Wars Freelancer Mod.

After having spoken with CArnivore, I was told to post an icon for the 'Affiliates' section of the SWAT-Portal. Well here it is. If any further info is needed, please let me know so that I can post it right away.

Colonial Wars Freelance Mod

Also a big thank you to SWAT for the support they're providing to the Freelancer community.

Regards
    Murazor

• np - thats our job ^^

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,