GET YO ASS ON THE SERVER!!!

There are 144 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by drink.

• it was always like this, only the first time, it takes several minutes.
    Then, each time you start the launcher, it just checks that all files are where they should be (even it looks the same as downloading them), and passes on to the game. This takes much less time.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• it was always like this, only the first time, it takes several minutes.
    Then, each time you start the launcher, it just checks that all files are where they should be (even it looks the same as downloading them), and passes on to the game. This takes much less time.

Maybe the checks just went faster than usual this time then, because I often spend a lot of time sitting there waiting for the "downloading files" number to count up, but it actually went faster than usual on the last launch (after finally getting all 111+ files downloaded)

Yes, my connection is a bit pathetic, but it's all I can get, and anyway my ping is fine.

• The checking can go slower due to your connection speed, but it won't take as long as it did when the patch arrived ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• The checking can go slower due to your connection speed, but it won't take as long as it did when the patch arrived ^^

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it seemed faster on this last launch than it did before this last set up updates. Formerly it didn't seem like it was just checking timestamps.