News categories list

Sep

Jan

Apr

Dec

Crossfire short stories XV: Journey with no return

The Tactical holo-display in the middle of the Command Center at GMG’s research station shows symbols for more than 50 ships hovering around the station and huge special jump-gate. The appearance of there being peace in space is misleading. On board the ships and space station itself, there is nervousness as the crews repeatedly perform all internal systems checks...

May

When we took a look at the update to Deep Space Nine we did for Victory is Life, we decided we wanted to go a step further. While DS9 now looked amazing on the inside, it was time to make the exterior match the interior. Luckily, we knew just the man for the job. We’ve partnered with Tobias Richter, modeler extraordinaire, and the man made the 3D model of the Enterprise D when Star Trek: The Next Generation was remastered into HD. We sat down with Tobias to talk about his work. Star Trek Online: Hey Tobias! Thanks so much for joining us. Can you start by telling us a little bit about yourself and your relationship with Star Trek? Tobias: My name is Tobias Richter and I am a life-long SciFi - and especially Star Trek addict. When I was a child the original Star Trek ran on TV and I tried to see every episode of it. I was drawing Trek starships, making blueprints, wrote stories. Once I got my

Apr

Every week, designers, engineers and other developers from our five offices around the world answer backer questions submitted on SPECTRUM and voted on by YOU. This week, we get answers on Ship Docking, Scanning, Blind Quantum Travel and more.

You can submit your questions for consideration in future episodes of Calling All Devs here

And for info on becoming a subscriber, go to: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/subscriptions

Jan

Second Officer’s Log, Supplemental My third night shift with the conn has been rather sedate thus far. Several members of the command staff are enjoying some off-duty entertainment in Holodeck Two; I believe it has something to do with a peculiar form of Terran mythology from the 20th century known as “super heroics.” The captain seemed amused by my tactical suggestions for the event, particularly regarding the inefficiency of capes in close combat situations. “All decks have reported in,” Ensign Chen said from the Operations station. “We’re ready to begin the system maintenance sweep at your command.” Second Officer Stoln nodded from the center chair while calling up a display to monitor the procedure. “Very well, Ensign. Begin the procedure, starting with deck 30.” The young Vulcan officer studied the holographic readout emitted from the command chair’s armrest and

Feb

Still striving to get the greatest performance out of your equipment? This weekend will be the perfect time to apply Tech Upgrades to your gear, as we’re doubling the amount of Technology Points earned from each one applied! From Thursday, February 8th at 9AM PST to February 12th at 10AM PST, every Tech Upgrade used will apply twice as many Technology Points toward your next Upgrade! This in turn reduces the amount of Dilithium that must be spent to reach each Upgrade threshold, allowing Captains additional chances to attain both Mark and Rarity increases on their favored load outs. .share-footer a { margin: 20px 10px 10px 0; background: url(http://images-cdn.perfectworld…157ae31ec5b1466398539.png) no-repeat 0 0; opacity: .5; display: inline-block; height: 60px; width: 60px; padding: 0; border: 1px solid transparent; -webkit-transition: opacity .3s;

Apr

Sep

General: Added Crafting Weekend event to 9/6-9/10. Added Shuttle Weekend event for 9/20-9/24. Systems: Cardassian Bridge Officers of Uncommon, Rare, and very-Rare qualities are available as a Duty Officer Recruitment Assignments. Resolved an issue where Co-Opt Energy Weapons could cause excessive amounts of healing in some cases. The Slipstream Turn-rate boost from the Obelisk Subspace Rift Warp Core and Polaric Modulator Engineering Console has been increased to 100%, from 20%. Character: Resolved an issue that prevented some 23rd Century Tellarite, Gorn, Klingon, and Andorian costume options from being available to players that had completed the 23rd Century Story Arc on any character. The second color choice now works for the Cardassian Tight Pants for male and female. Resolved a clipping issue for Jem’Hadar Captains wearing the Nol Ennis helmet. Klingon faction Jem’Hadar

Nov

May

Here's another neat Morningstar wallpaper by

tkdrobert

. Unlike his last

piece

, this one features the heavy fighter at rest on a flight deck somewhere. It uses Klavs' baseline fighter model again, and this time tkdrobert has added landing gear and a pilot. The hangar reminds me of the asteroid bases from Wing Commander 3, which would be an interesting angle. You can find more of his work at DeviantArt

here

tkdrobert_art2t.jpg

Rendered in Daz3D (IRAY) with post-work done in Photoshop.Model by Hangar.b.productions. Landing gear added by me.

Jun

Hey everyone! We just released a new patch for PS4 with the latest changes and fixes from the other platforms, as well as some PS4-specific bugfixes. Here's the list of changes:

• Fixed a handful of hardcore mode handicaps carrying over from sector 6 to sector 7
    • Fixed nano injectors not working while emergency shield is active
    • Fixed using Drone Disassembler on own drones not decreasing current drone count
    • Fixed deadlock when a progress bar success type message was removed from viewport while equipment selection wheel was opened
    • Fixed that when the system was put to Rest Mode on the pause screen and then rebooted, the game wasn't paused anymore even though the screen was still active
    • Fixed enemy sentinel sometimes still firing discharger while dying/already dead
    • Fixed life support damage sound still playing during game credits when winning a run with damaged life support system
    • Fixed

May

Oct

The stars in the sky were simply boiling, exploding balls of gas, spread out over billions of miles. Ensign Keero had never understood his human companions’ desires to ascribe patterns to them. And yet, standing in the dark, looking out of the view port of Deep Space Two, Deck 47, East Wing, Keero noticed these patterns. Most of all, he noticed they were different from what he remembered. This was not unexpected. From the time Keero had awoken two days ago, he had traveled exactly 153 years, three months, two days, twelve minutes, and 36.5 seconds into the future. During all of that time, the stars would shift, ever so slightly, the patterns would change. This was a natural and expected course of events. This should satisfy him. But Keero looked out at these new stars and felt…uneasy. Like he was barely holding on to the floor, and could go spinning off into space at any time. The feeling was

Nov