News categories list

Jun

Jun

Jun

Jun

Jul

Benjamin over at BigBoxCollection has made one of his biggest updates yet! Thanks to a generous donation from Dominus of Exult, they were able to 3D scan in a whole bunch of new Wing Commander titles! The new additions even include a little peek at some of the internal contents, which is a great touch. Check them out here.

bigbox_3d5t.jpgbigbox_3d6t.jpgbigbox_3d7t.jpgbigbox_3d8t.jpgAnd here's a look at the shipment when it arrived:

bigbox_3d9t.jpgbigbox_3d10t.jpg

Jul

It appears that the pending removal of Wing Commander Academy wan't a false alarm. The show is no longer listed for streaming on the Peacock service. With the removal of great shows from a number of platforms and new paywalling/gatekeeping happening all over, it feels like the hits just keep coming. Fortunately you can still pick up the DVD for about $11. And never fear, the Wing Commander CIC remains free and there's no limit the number of forum posts you can view in a day. You can also always join us in Discord #Wingnut!

peacock_academy38t.jpgpeacock_academy39t.jpgA peek back at better days:

peacock_academy36t.jpgpeacock_academy37t.jpg

Jul

Jul

Jul

centaurianmudpig is back with a new space sim game to show his fellow Wingnuts. He previously released Absolute Territory, which was a more traditional WC-style shooter. Now he's branched out into a hybrid sim that blends newtonian physics and large capital ships with a variety of familiar concepts to WC fans. It sounds like a cool experience for people who would like to try something different just a little bit different! There is a demo you can try out via Steam and a preview video below.

spacesim_a-spec6t.jpgspacesim_a-spec5t.jpgspacesim_a-spec1t.jpgspacesim_a-spec2t.jpgspacesim_a-spec3t.jpgspacesim_a-spec4t.jpg

Hey wingnuts, it's been a while since I last posted about my last big update for Absolute Territory, with space fighters and hostile aliens, on here.

Since then I started working on my next game, in keeping with sci-fi space combat, with large warships (corvette sized and bigger). I've been running a public playtest for A-Spec First Assault on Steam for the last year, and now preparing for Steam Next Fest: June

Jul

*Pilots' Federation ALERT*
    A mining campaign organised by Kokoller Limited has drawn to a close, with the organisers declaring it a success.
    The Federal corporation requested deliveries of bertrandite, coltan and praseodymium to supply the Kokoller system's refinery base, ostensibly to manufacture supplies for the Federal Navy's anti-xeno war efforts.
    Spokesperson Paul Dyson provided a message to participants:
    "It is genuinely a pleasure to see so many pilots respond to our call for raw materials. Harvesting those asteroid belts is no easy task, but the performance has been remarkable. I can promise all those involved in the campaign that the profits raised from refining and distributing these resources will go to a very worthy cause. Those credits are in good hands."
    Kokoller Limited has confirmed that all contributors to the campaign can now collect their rewards from Utley Hub in the

Jul

Tonight's rabbit hole: I noticed that Privateer has two different internal sets of names for its commodities, one used in the exchange (and on your PPC) and one used on the in flight manifest. Some are the same but others are different. "Movies" becomes... "Moviechips"!

p1_commodity_names1t.jpgp1_commodity_names2t.jpgGames become Gamechips, Books become Bookchips. And PlayThing (tm) becomes...!

p1_commodity_names3t.jpgp1_commodity_names4t.jpgSo I ended up extracting everything and making a Spreadsheet of different commodity names across six sources (three in-game, three from the Playtesters' Guide). It also shows what type of container displays for each:

p1_commodity_names5t.jpgFound some cut content, too: traces of the ability to eject passengers and a list of additional story-specific items that were cut when the plot was shortened: Alien Crystal, Alien Device, Ancient Gun, Alien Machinery and Alien Metal!

Jul

Jul