News categories list

Apr

I'm not sure if it's the hectic week or staying up late to watch the new episode of Picard, but I've got a headache and need something to relax to. Fortunately, Scribbler has dropped a double dose of his Wing Commander 2 ambiance/ASMR videos. The new clips are a nice contrast with each other: the dark red comm room and the light breezy Concordia lounge. I especially like that the lounge has piano music inspired by Jazz. Check them out below!

Today we return to the lounge of the carrier ship TCS Concordia. A little more luxurious than a strap like the Tigers Claw. Enjoy the peace from the war among comrades, with a drink. Entertained by the piano sounds of "Jazz". Rest and chill. Who knows what else is to come at this time.
    In this file we return to the Caernarvon space station. A remote outpost of the Confederacy. Ideal for making money without the dangers of war. Except for a few minor skirmishes

Mar

Feb

RedBahamut loves George Oldziey's classic Wing Commander 3 music, but he wishes there was more of it! Since there aren't all that many fan remixes to add to the variety, he's created his own remastered album. Back in 2021 he released a test track, and now he's ready to share the entire composition. I'm listening to it right now. It sticks closely to the tone of the original while adding some refreshing flourishes here and there. Give it a listen below!

I started playing Wing Commander 3 a few years ago and the first thing that really got me was the absolute fantastic soundtrack. After checking a bit on Youtube, I am quite surprised of not finding much music related to WC3 or even remakes from remixers, so here is my take and my contribution to the Wing Commander community, hope you enjoy, Cheers!

Jan

*Pilots' Federation ALERT*
    An improved xeno scanner has been released to assist combat vessels engaged in anti-xeno operations.
    Following increased calls from AX pilots that the existing xeno scanner's limited range was a hindrance, Professor Palin's team at Arque Laboratory delivered a redesign to manufacturers that extends the scanner's upper range to two kilometres.
    Industrial complexes have worked overtime to distribute the latest model of xeno scanner. It is now available from military, high-tech and industrial planetary bases, as well as rescue megaships.

Dec

It turns out 2022 isn't going to go out without a little bit of good news! Supercade has just announced that they will be launching a campaign to offer a vinyl record version of George Oldziey's Wing Commander Orchestral Recording Project:

This has been such an epic project and it’s bittersweet to finally be nearing the end. Gearing up to launch a new campaign for Supercade’s first soundtrack release on vinyl, the WING COMMANDER Orchestral Recording Project, and would be so grateful for your support! Update soon… pic.twitter.com/nhGx03TcLC

— Van Burnham (@supercade71) December 29, 2022

Wing Commander III, IV, Kilrathi Saga and Prophecy composer George Oldziey crowd funded a beautiful album of Wing Commander tracks recorded with a live orchestra several years ago which was offered at the time as a CD. Supercade began as a lavish history of video games with a project titled Supercade: A Visual History of

Dec

Oct

Sep

May

Jan

Aug

Feb

Garth Harmon has scanned and sent in a nice high quality scan of the Super Nintendo Wing Commander manual. Like many of the various iterations of the WC1 documentation, it's a derivative of Claw Marks, but there are some cool elements. It has some nice representations of the SNES controller (which later inspired a similar spread in the Arena Star*Soldier manual), and the initial pages with screenshots of the cockpits and Tiger's Claw are all in color. We previously had the Secret Missions manual in our archive, so it's nice to add this missing link. Grab a copy for yourself here!

Object of the Game

The game begins on your mother ship, the TCS Tiger's Claw. Onboard, you move from room to room to learn about your comrades-in-arms and your combat mission. Once you know your flight mission, you're off to fight the Kilrathi. If you fail, the dreaded Kilrathi will prevail as overlords on all human

Feb

We've got an exciting triple pack from Klavs to share today. First up is the new Hornet that Klavs has been perfecting recently. It looks nicely battle worn without being dirty, which is a slick effect. There are also two wallpaper-style images. The first has both old and new flavors of Bearcat. It's also a good looking fighter. Finally, you've got a couple of Rapiers providing ground support for a handful of landing craft. Perhaps a Vukar Tag inspiration?

klavs_models339t.jpg
    klavs_models340t.jpgklavs_models341t.jpg

Probably a little TOO subtle with all the effects, streaks, rivets and fasteners, but here she is!

Jan

General: "Battle at the Binary Stars" (Normal, Advanced, and Elite) have been added to the available TFO lists, rewarding either Fleet Marks or Discovery Marks upon completion. Normal and Advanced versions of this TFO are also now eligible for Random matching. "Mycelial Realm" (Normal) has been added to the available TFO lists, rewarding either Fleet Marks or Discovery Marks upon completion. This TFO is also now eligible for Random matching. Resolved an issue that could prevent some players from purchasing the Picard Bundle. Resolved an issue that was causing Dual weapons to not properly display their effects. Resolved an issue where various smoke and stun effects were not properly displaying on low settings. Resolved an issue that caused an improper stance when crouching or aiming while using the B.A.T.D. Extractor weapon. UI: Updated the Debuff icons that are

Dec

General: Updated text in Q’s winter dialogue to give correct instructions for the new event system. Content: Removed minimum level requirement on “Fastest Game on Ice”. Requires Tutorial completion and primary allegiance. Systems: Resolved an issue that was preventing the Fek'Ihri Fe'rang Dreadnought Carrier [T6] from being reclaimable. The "Festive Enterprise" and "Festive Odyssey" sweater unlocks, now unlock the correct associated costumes. The "Slippery Target" Starship Trait now has a 15 second lockout before it can placate the same target again.

Sep

wc_toolbox29t.jpgUnnamedCharacter has another new tool to add to his arsenal of powerful WC1 editing and informational programs. The new 'WC1 Inspector' app provides insight into what all is loaded into memory as a player goes through the game. This can help for modding, diagnosing issues or fulfilling simple curiosity. You can grab the file at the CIC Forums and just play around too. Here's more information:

I do not have an update for the Toolbox, but instead a utility program for viewing a snapshot of in-memory game data. It is an outgrowth of the WC1LiveViewer program, except not live anymore and with much more data. It is a bit slow, but it works for my needs.

The Data tab provides a fairly extensive hierarchical view of the game data set and can be filtered using keywords. The InFlight and Mission tabs provide a specialized view of a subset of the data.

As an example, let us enter an asteroid field. Using the

Sep

Five new patrols are coming to Star Trek Online, bringing new challenges and story to the universe. J’Ula, sister of T’Kuvma, is on the march once again. She is seeking the spores of prototaxites stellaviatori to fuel her devastating new superweapon. With the aid of Lt. Commander Paul Stamets and Captain Kuumaarke, captains can stand tall in the fight against the dangerous matriarch of House Mo’Kai. We’ll be revealing the new patrols one at a time in the lead up to Awakening – check back with Startrekonline.com for more! The Ninth Rule The player deals with mercenaries working for the Ferengi Daimon Madran as he steals mycelial spores from the Kinjer System to sell on the open market to the highest bidder. You will first be able to access these new Patrols from your mission journal after completing the episode “Beneath the Skin.” If you are on a Patrol mission from the journal,