Wasted potential? Admiralty System reviewed.

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Lootcritter:

Jan touched on a number of issues I agree with, but my assessment of the system rates it a little higher – perhaps 7/10.

The problem I have is finding the right context in which to give my opinion. I’m a ship collector with multiple alts – as such my average toon has 40+ ships each. My KDF and ROM alts suffer from the lack of science ships – I even went back and purchased the Dyson ships to help pad this out. Looking back on that purchase I realize that most players make do with far less in terms of ships.

Even with the purchase (15K Zen), I struggle to assemble missions at the rate my fed alts enjoy. There’s no easy way around it – Feds have the advantage.

Science discrepancy aside, I’m loving the rewards. The number of specialization points I’ve generated form a simple 5 minutes a day effort has been a real boon to my alts. Leveling from 50-60 just got a lot easier.

I can forsee a day when we can buy packs of ships to help out the admiralty system. There will certainly be rewards in the game where we will get these cards. I could even see a day when we could ‘trade cards’ with other factions – call on a Klingon friend for some assistance, or vice versa.

Great Post!

Originally posted on Captain Jan's Musings:

C2Q8nu7.jpg Season 11 & Admiralty System

Season 11 in Star Trek Online gave us an “Admiralty” system. It’s an equivalent of duty-officer system, except, the players get to use their ships for the ‘assignments’. So, what does it mean in reality? I could perhaps say ‘Doffing, with ship doff-cards’ and be done with it, but let’s look into it some more…

View original 1,500 more words

• I agree that for romulans and klingons its very hard to get the Sci missions done for the fact that there is no regular Sci ship for these factions.
    Only exception are the dyson ships.

With an average of 30 ships per alt and with 69 ship on my main toon I still could make significant progress in the admiralty system.
    My alts usually have reached tier 5-7 in both campaigns while my main hit tier 10 fed after just 2 weeks and is on tier 8 kdf meanwhile. Its 3 weeks after the release of the admiralty system and being almost at the top tiers in both campaigns after such a short time is very unusual in STO.
    The Reputation system requires at least 6 weeks of week to reach tier 5... the original Doff system also required ALOT more time to reach T4 status. I think I reached T4 diplomacy after one year.
    Admiralty is pretty fast paced compared to everything else in the game.
    This of course could be a subjective feeling considering that I have nearly 70 ships on my main, but lets face it... its all about how often you start assignments per day.

On my alts I usually start the assingments once a day. Ive unlocked 7 assignment slots for these chars and like everywhere on the admiralty system you can use max 3 ships per assignment.
    So effectively I use max 21 ships per alt. Ok... on weekend I might start the assignments 2 times a day and the cooldowns of the ships usually allow to do this (given the fact that I have many low tier ships and shuttles with low cooldowns).
    On my main toon i of course have a bit more luxury condition with many high tier ships including event ships, lobi ships and a good amount of c-store ships.
    So far I did not run out of ships... not even at weekends when I started assignments 4-5 times a day.

The rewards of the admiralty system are pretty good... the amount of dil I have earned so far is impressive. The amount of XP allowed me to do mulitple lvl ups on my alts without actually playing any missions.
    My R&D inventory gets filled with lots of stuff and here and there I missions with 50-100k EC rewards.
    For a game feature that requires me to spend just about 1 minute per day (more i dont need to fill the assignment slots) the rewards are outstanding.

Unique rewards of course would be nice... but the condition we have right now is better than the condition we had before.
    Usually i am complaining about new season features... this time it feels ok.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• What is this system for? Dont even know why i am doing missions there, but i do them.
    I have my lvl 60 char and dont really need dil and or additional experience, at least it doesnt matter if it takes me 2 more years to finish all traits or if i have done this within 2 months. As usual with fast progress you are faster bored ;D

signature.png

• Well, I dont care for spec points on my main (as i am maxed out) but my alts are far behind and they certainly could need the traits in combat.
    The dil is always useful. A good deposit never hurts.

Currently I have about 6mio atm which certainly is a pretty big amount but I love to test new stuff. I bought many T6 ships in the past because I was curious how they perform. Some of them are pretty fun.
    Personally I still hope to see a T6 version of the flag ships and would of course use my dil to buy them for all 3 factions.
    The dil allows me to experiment in the game... and i do that alot.

Dil of course does not have the worth that it used to have.
    I remember how hard it was to get dil when i started to play. Mining dil at the asteroid field... doing defera misisons... etc.
    Today I earn 2000-3000 by simply doing to lore quiz, doffing and admiralty system (per char).
    With 10 chars I have a steady income that allows me to invest in new stuff whenever i want. Like i said... i am not complaining.

I remember the times when we spent many hours in the dyson ground battlezone during the dil event weekends... 3 days non-stop... to fill the dil deposits again.
    That was aweful.... and today is not required anymore.

The admiralty reduces the grind alot in its current state... and that is good.
    It allows to do different stuff... stuff that we havent dont for a long time.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• but besides dil and exp points or some goods and equipment do you get anything from the admiralty system? Something like better weapons, better strength of ship or person in fights (ground or space)?

I remember well that we fought on the dyson battleground to earn dil, but we had to fill our fleet projects. Which are quite good filled. Besides the raw material stuff that we run continue sly. But we dont make any more progress with the base or the fleet as all required projects are filled and the fleet projects to advance are filled and finished.

I thought the admiralty systems brings something for the fleet and not solely for the single player. Unfortunate we still have to do the same stuff, grinding, grinding, grinding. With the same missions over and over again.

signature.png

• The admiralty is like the doff system.
    its for the player only

With season 10 we got the armada system which was supposed to be for the fleets and we got a new fleet holding.
    But like you mentioned it... we maxed it out pretty fast and relative little is left to be done.
    However, the armada system still can be used to support other fleets in our armada (and earn fleet credits).
    We are not stuck in the maxed out situation.

season 11 seemed to focus more on supporting the players so they dont have to spend 2 years until they can compete with old players.
    The progress on lvl-ups and on gaining the resoucres to do upgrades and buy new ships has been speeded up.
    That is good. The slow progress really was a problem in the game since season 8.5
    I see it a positive change that allows players to catch up with others... and reduce their grind a bit.

The admiralty just like the doffing does not reward and special powers. Thats certainly not the idea behind it.
    We got plenty of new powers via the in season 9 introduced speciality points and we got more than enough new items via the new reputation.
    The rewards that now are generated via admiralty simply support other areas of the game, like the specialty system or the upgrade system from season 8.5
    Upgrades become less expensive... and players finally can afford more of them... and eventually they have the chance to play elite missions again.

I consider the admiralty system something that fixes the imbalance we got over the past seasons.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• but to answer your question... i am not sure if there are special rewards for the admiralty that are worth more than dil, xp, r&d mats etc.

ive reached t10 fed and got a special admiralty ship (a gold one)
    i cant tell what i get on t10 kdf
    i cant tell what happens if I finish the tour of duty a 2nd time
    i cant tell if there will be more campaigns in the future

ive decided to accept the admiralty system as it is (its truely not bad) and see what happens next

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,