Can I use a pirated torrent of Freelancer for Crossfire?

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Demonmegi.

• I'm going through and doing the thorough guide written by one of the members here to get crossfire to work when it dawned on me I'm not using the disc version of the game. I've bought and paid for this game many years ago when it came out, so I've paid my dues and have no guilt for pirating it a decade down the road. But is crossfire going to be able to work using a pirated version? It installs into Documents>My Games>Freelancer(I had to rename it as Freelancer from 'Freelancer.pc.game.(djDEVESTATE)').

So long story short, is this version going to be able to work with Crossfire 2.0? I'm only interested in playing the single player campaign.

P.S.- I got FLMM to work with it...kinda. I was able to get the Speed Mod and Random Battleship Encounters mod to work with it. Although once I activated it and wanted to increase my cruise speed further, I was unable to do anything.

P.S.S.- To anyone who has the answer I seek, thank you in advance. This was one of my fondest games I played growing up and would love to relive the next chapter as created by all you guys. (I'm stoked, let's get this thing going!)

• there shouldnt be a big difference

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I use a pirated version and it works fine. applying a nocd patch is not required since crossfire replaces the .exe anyway. so yeah, install the FL Image you have downloaded, install FLMM, install CF, Apply the mod and there you go.

Can't give more information because linking to a warez site could get this forum in trouble so PM me if you wanna have extra help.

EDIT: If you wish to use CF do not activate any other mod than CF or a conflict will happen which is messy.