Cruisers/Dreadnaughts --> Docking?

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by NucNuc.

• Hi,

I am about to go for a capital ship.I learned that Battleships/Dreadnaughts are too big to use standard docking rings so have to use the mooring fixture.

So my question: what about Cruisers/Destroyers? Are they also bound to the mooring fixture?

Bonusquestion for the experienced: I expect heavy firepower from those bigger ships. Before the "rollback" I bought a Harbinger but only what was there where the 4 BS Torpedos and possibilities to put Turrets. Are there any ships with a powerful main weapon? I am scanning all capital ships I pass by and none of the values written there are impressive.

• Cruisers and Gunboats have main forward "fixed" gun which is usually usable only against BIG targets (only some crazy individuals can hit something small :) ). Both these smaller capital ships docks exactly the same way like battleships.

• Hi,

I don't plan to use it versus fighters :)

Actually want to buy a Liberty Cruiser to use against other capital ships since VHFs are also too weak ( even with Gatling/nem/cata/torps) to do real damage on those. Maybe also for some events may come handy :)

FInally : What about Gunships? Docking like Fighters? Firepower mentionable bigger than of a strong VHF is described above?

• Gunboats = smaller cruiser, dock the same way. Have main gun with mainly shield damage (BS shield down with one shot) and very strong strafe + few nice build in turrets. They need practice (alot) to be used well.

... but ATM unsure if they are usable due problem with turrets cargo space use. Someone mentioned liberty gunboat have negative cargo when used = bug.

• Maybe also for some events may come handy :)

sorry to tell u that, but actually i don't know any event, where to use a Cruiser or Gunboat successfully. i recently "invented" an event-series and one day u can use ur Cruiser/Gunboat there. but we have to wait for it until all new features (such as renaming chars) are fully activated.

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• Hi denne, thank you for the answer. Actually I read once in the forum that there was a call for an event where participants should bring some capital ship also. Thats what I thought,

Btw I bought now a Liberty Cruiser. Was interesting to see that it comes fully armed, you don't need to buy anything. Downside is that it is not very durable, bunch of CSF NPCs chopped me off easily in X-3043. I want to catch other cruiser to see how it manages. But the CSF Cruiser roaming there is actually much more durable. I checked its ASF counterpart and this cruiser has >300.000 Armour. Mine only 80.000 :(

Maybe I finally need a battleship....

• The npc cap-ships are all much stronger, since cap-ships are - relativly - easy to kill even with a "simple" VHF (needs only a bit of strafing and finding the "blind spot" ;) ) the CSF cruisers and BSs as well (nice "admirals" pod as reward).

The event you might refer to : WoS Battleship Assault but there only BS and Dreadnoughts are "asked" for.

Only for something like that OR for "special" events in IC the player flyable cap-ships are of better use.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)