In game info cards are missing (1.9)

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by KardFett.

• I'm a long time Freelancer fan and have just gotten back into it because I'm all excited for Star Citizen now, so I downloaded Crossfire because I remember being very impressed with it a few years ago.

I installed Freelancer vanilla, got FLMM 1.31 and Crossfire 1.9, everything installed correctly, it was all hunky dorey, except when I got to Pittsburgh after the first mission, I noticed that the 8 million credit ship had the same strange ID as some of the escape pod-things. After flying around and checking out some of the custom items (and ships), it was obvious that something wasn't right, because they all had the name "IDS?" and no little descriptive blurb down in the bottom left.

I changed all of the text back to original Freelancer text, wondering if that would help (it didn't). I'm running Windows 7 x64, the graphics are fine, I think it's just an instillation problem, but I guess I really don't know for sure or I wouldn't be asking.

Thanks to whoever helps,
    KardFett

• Universal answer: Try reinstall. And BTW, after deactivation of Crossfire FL will be damaged, so reinstall the game too. I hold a backup of Vanilla FL on HDD and in case of deactivation of Crossfire I just remove FL manually and copy the backup into the same folder, without removing it with "uninstall".

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• First : a WARM WELCOME here at SWAT and Crossfire (or is it a welcome back ??)
    You're at the JUST THE RIGHT place to give your exitment something to be distracted and fullfilled in proper time (instead of ahnging in the air to wait for if-/whenever Star Citizen realizes)

As Ajay said : most likely some installation error. And also the solution : reinstall EVERYTHING after also DELETING EVERYTHING related to FreeLancer
    .. and esp don't try to copy/paste something before your installation of CF is complete (!selfupdate of the launcher ... takes some time... WAIT for it to be done!)

But if you wanna still have different FL-installation (perhaps for comparing HOW GOOD CrossFireactually is :D ) look at this thread.

:thumbup: HAVE FUN :thumbup:

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Hello KardFett,

two more hints for installation: after install clean FL .. REMOVE from whole folder and all files there write protected flag. Next to that use for running all setups, installs "run as administrator". .. can save you alot time :)

• Well, I've reinstalled it about seven times now, and it's the same issue. I go to the Manhattan commodity dealer to check on the pink swirly thing that costs 3700 credits to see if it ever works, and it never does.

Here's the exact order I do things: first, delete everything I can find related to Freelancer (game, saves, FMM, Crossfire) and I even re-downloaded the Crossfire 1.9 file, install Freelancer with administrator privileges, install FMM 1.31 with administrator privileges, run the Crossfire 1.9 executable file, run FMM and activate the Crossfire mod, start the game, go check Manhattan commodity dealer.

Thanks for your previous suggestions, though. Any more?

• Huzzah! It finally works properly! After installing it literally about a dozen times spread out over three or so different methods, it finally works. I think (emphasis on the "think" word) what did it was restarting my computer after every single stinking step. Regardless, items and descriptions are showing up as they need to. Also, the starting movies work now, too, so if they don't, then anyone else with this problem could save themselves the time it takes to watch the starting cutscene by just checking if the starting movie works.

Thank you all again,
    KardFett