News

Jul

Howard Day has put the long weekend to good use with the creation of a fighter for Wing Leader. The new addition is the Krant, which is a popular alternative to the Dralthi in the medium fighter space. This one's got a few unique quirks down the middle: Howard has done some creative placement with the cockpit as well as a second set of guns. You can see in the final shots below some further experimentation with these elements. These latest shots make me think the ship would fit great in an Advance Wars game, and now I really want an AW-style Wing Commander game.

wc_uprez96t.jpgwc_uprez97t.jpgwc_uprez98t.jpgwc_uprez99t.jpg

Evening #WingLeader work - making my version of the Kilrathi Krant medium fighter. It's definitely got some modifications - single cockpit, and 2 additional Ion Cannons are the main ones. Still WIP, but good enough to show.

wc_uprez101t.jpgwc_uprez102t.jpgwc_uprez103t.jpgwc_uprez104t.jpg

I think you'd be surprised to hear there *aren't* any textures on this guy - the only thing that might qualify is the

Jun

Howard Day has added a new feature to Wing Leader: HUD brackets! These now function as a target lock for your designated enemy. The Hornet looks as you'd expect, and Howard's also jazzed up the Dralthi display a bit to give it a unique feel. The new feature looks great, but this is also a wonderful opportunity to check out the latest build of this superb looking fan game!

Some #WingLeader time last night got the code for the HUD brackets almost completely working, with some scaling to resolve. I've also re-rendered the sprites for the Hornet and Dralthi, as well - using the latest materials. Some new explosions, as well. Cleared out some of the debug art, got some clipping enacted on *when* the brackets can appear, and made the locked version steady, not flashing. I'm pretty darn happy with this.
    How about some #ScreenshotSaturday #WingLeader Dralthi cockpit footage? There's new Kilrathi HUD

Jun

Here's a character that many people have been waiting for. Howard Day has put together his take on Christopher Blair for Wing Leader. He might look a little different than you remember, but that's because Howard has creatively de-aged Mark Hamill and combined him with Bluehair elements for a hybrid of the two. For those following the fan game's story/setting, he'll still be attached to the Tiger's Claw at this point in time.

wc_uprez90t.jpgwc_uprez91t.jpgwc_uprez92t.jpgwc_uprez93t.jpgwc_uprez94t.jpgwc_uprez95t.jpg

Tonight in random #WingLeader discoveries... if you put dark-blue superman hair on Mark Hamill's face, you.. sorta get the character Col. Blair! Fun, since he played him in Wing Commander 3. :P At this point of the #WingLeader story, Colonel Christopher Blair has taken over the Flight command of the TCS Tiger's Claw. As always, #pixelart is rendered in #3dsmax!