Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 35.

• If I understand the previous discussions correctly the main concern about battleships and other capital ships can be broken down to 2 main issues.1. Cap ships are too vulnerable to fighters.2. There is a general lack of need to use these kinds of ships.At this point I of course could be wrong and there are more issues to discuss about this topic but that's why we have this discussion..1) I thought about the topic some time now and the technical options are limited.Especially if I consider that b…
  • I generally don't see much problems with increasing weapon range.Upgrade kit might be something we could consider loot from the enemy ships.
  • make suggestions what you consider reasonable ranges for the ship classes
  • (Quote from GodEatGod)that is not possible(Quote from GodEatGod)I already started gathering numbers by ship category have applied a few changes based on the suggestions.Nothing is final yet since I did not take the DPS numbers into account so far.What I have implemented are the new weapon ranges and damage reductions by shields.I currently run with a 50% damage reduction. This is not a final number but significant enough for conclusive tests.The way I have set it up makes it possible to balance …
  • in the end something that needs to be balanced, but that requires the proper numbers first and tests to be done
  • this topic is going to get a bit more complicatedfinished the calculations based on the current numbersbsrebalance.htmlas reference for balancing we need to take values from fightersfor shields this would be: Adv. Champion H. F. Shieldcapacity = 11038regen = 245offline_threshold = 0.150000shield_type = S_Graviton01-> 11038*(1-0.150000) = 9382,3 = total shield capacityand a mk10 weapon lets say.... a PPC (i guess it fits into the average top tier range)hull_damage = 977.100006energy_damage = 100r…
  • This turns out to be extremely complicated especially since the numbers currently dont seem to be that much out of place.I had to simplify the calculation by putting up some inaccurate assumptions.e.g. I did the calculations for fighter damage based on a VHF with 6 PPCs. In reality the VHF only have 4 mk10 weapons and 2 mk9 weapons. But they also might have an additional turret and missiles. So for simplicity reasons I went with the assumption of 6 mk10 weapons (in this case PPC). I think this c…
  • f*** no, did not consider it in the calculationit is getting more and more complicated
  • correct me if i am wrong but.... the Adv. Battleship Defense Turret seems to underperform compared to the other battleship turrets, right?
  • ok, lets see where we get this now.I intend to release a first try to rebalance stuff about an hour.The changes have to be tested online and some feedback would be nice.So what has been changed?Capital ship handling for dreadnaughts, battleships, cruisers/destroyers and gunboats has been recalculated with the goal to prevent that ships start spinning.The math behind it sounds reasonable but in the end only tests will show if it works.Cruisers have their maneuverability improved to make them more…
  • (Quote from LancelotOnCrack)You are right, it certainly does not look like an absorption at all, which is strange since in all my tests so far it was working.I might have found an explanation for that already.The shield capacity looks pretty high, higher than the ones in my tests. Tribbs might have a shield upgrade on that ship and I most certainly forgot to apply the absorption to these upgrades.I just patched it.(Quote from LancelotOnCrack)This could be a geometry issue with the ship surface o…
  • in theory the fighters shouldnt be a big problemthe shield absorption should be a more than sufficient compensation for the additional 5 seconds cruise charge time
  • just corrected a small issue with the weaponsthe weapon ranges should now work correctly
  • cruisers forward guns = 4000gunboat forward guns = 2500cruiser turrets = 2000gunboat turrets = 1500battleship weapons remained unchanged (a range of 800-2700 depending on the turret)
  • as you can see on the chart on Page 1 the damage reduction curve is getting quite steep at higher values.We can try running with 90% instead.
  • yeah need to take a look at bomber weapons then.Also worth to think about taking a look at npcs, specifically in inner core
  • we are in the middle of cap ship balancing, once sorted out we can include bombers into this equation.you know.... one mistake at a timeor like the warframe devs once said in one of their streams "We dont want to sock the whole damage system in one go. That would be nuts to do that.... We just wanna do it gradually."
  • a damage reduction of 80% seems to be a value worth to test, based on the feedback so farI took a quick look at the bombers and they generally can carry all kinds of torps. I theory bat ship torps included if they were available at a vendor somewhere... which of course is not the case since they are only pre-installed.Torpedoes in general have no damage reduction applied.Coal torps seem to be the most efficient option so far but still far away from being a danger to a battleship.Maybe worth an o…
  • coal torp = 35000 hull damage and 17500 shieldbattleship torp = 50000 hull damage and 35000 shield damage
  • the damage reduction does not apply to hullit only has an effect on the shields