Posts by Diablo

well. If you're all about missiles.. yes. then you will just have 3 (or less) guns to use.
    but remember.. the missiles need to HIT the target to have any effect :P otherwise you might spend more than you will earn with that mission ^^

just move all the time and dont try to face them directly. and also try to stay in a bit distance, since you might die faster if you are too close to them :)

I guess I have to draw pictures to you... WITHOUT USING MISSILES/3 GUNS ONY IS ENOUGH

Daywalker, I had the problems while I was at XP, now I am at Win7 64-bit and still have the same problems, about the same ammount as Arrow (~every 2nd time)

the maximum resolution offered to you by the game itself is determined by height maximum valur of your monitor

f.e.

if your screen can run 1440x900, you wont be able to see 1280x960 (which is the highest default Freelancer resolution)

ok, Heaven, back to the topic

the changes we are experimenting with here solve everything but those 3 bars in the middle of the bottom of the screen: energy bar, shield bar and hull bar

they also need to be resized, right now im expecting some answers from someone ill brief you as soon as I get them

Meanwhile, AV is down and CF back up and running, tests continue

EDIT: Heaven's 16:9 Camera fix tested and confirmed at 100% accuracy

[WinCamera]
    fovx = 68.750000

[CockpitCamera]
    fovx = 86
    znear = 2.000000

[ThirdPersonCamera]
    fovx = 86

[DeathCamera]
    fovx = 86

Sorry if I missed it, but could you please add closing CF every time to repair list? May be very confusing to newer players who don't know it sometimes needs to be closed manually, and they just start it and get E5 error

Never happened with CF 1.7

even late CF 1.7 server sometimes crashed besides normal announced restarts, probably just someone not closing the game and restarting the launcher,

and, judging by what ive seen so far on the repair for 1.82 list, im not the only one with AV issue meaning im not the only one whose av-s delete freelancer.exe?

I would love to test fonts with various resolutions but my old problem reappeared yesterday :(( and now i cant play crossfire anymore

What is interesting is that the same thing happens with AVG, Avast, and Trend Internet Security (maybe my Freelancer copy contains some kind of a spy/malware).
    First I notice a file called "EXE2", last 1-2 days, then it disappears, and then my Freelancer.exe goes missing and everything basically gets screwed up.
    It means that if I wanna run Freelancer I have to have 0 AVs installed ^^ or download a new Freelancer copy

Like already stated in an active thread, the game can run any resolution supported by your computer, but above 1280x1024 you have to set it up manually... you have to play with a few files like cameras and fonts in DATA section of your freelancer copy as well as the perfoptions in your documents/my games section and freelancer.ini file in EXE section of your freelancer installation
    this is how it looks on 1600x900 (the best i have so far)

clink on the link to see...

http://a.imageshack.us/img827/2711/screen5i.png

thats a start... now we need someone with knowledge to write what exact each of those values in cameras and fonts file is so we can test and observe them 1 by one
    an edited screenshot with explanations would be very useful before starting this work