Posts by Drakon

Perhaps the Coalition should have advanced thrusters then. If they never devolped the technology to use tradelanes, then they ought to have some other sort of advantage when compared to their counterparts in Sirius. Maybe a thruster providing more power, or one that drains much more slowly....perhaps both of these things combined. Aside from giving the Coalition something unique to barter at thier bases, the prospect of even better equipment would draw people into the most desolate regions of CF space.

What about sprucing up the infocards for the SL ships? Sure, they're fine the way they are, but as someone who's never played Starlancer, I have no insight into those ships' origins when I play CF. It would be awesome to know, for example, what the "historical" role of the Shroud was, compared to, say, the Hades or Sai. Just a thought.

Is it just me, or are there too many of those stations in Altair? Are they going to be dockable in 1.6 too, or are they just there to deter marauding? They're nearly the size of planets; maybe a few should be replaced by regular bases and others with navigational hazards (a few jump holes wouldn't hurt either). I can nod off for an hour or so during a cruise through Altair space and not have left the system map... I don't mind the vast distances, but perhaps there should be things to distract from those expanses.

Maybe this is just a noob question, but is it faster to circumnavigate obstacles by flying over them, or around the side? As most of the objects in the game are positioned on a single, 2-D plane, I would think you could save time by cruising over or under minefields, radiation clouds, and stars. Or is there no "shortcut" presented by exploiting three-dimensional navigation?

Ive been watching this thread progress for quite some time now, and Id have to say that 1.6 is going to be the best FL Mod everperiod. While other Mods have defiled the FL experience with ships and plots from other franchises and made total conversions that simply don't make sense, CF has stayed true to the Lancer series. Taking into consideration all the new ships, innovative features, the addition of the Dom'Kavash, and the overall continuation of the Lancer plot, Id have to say that OP and his crew have some serious talent.

A while back someone mentioned replacing the cantina music in all the bars; if anyone needs an MP3 to tweak for the coalition bases, I think Ive got something that might just be the ticket (or maybe not). Just a light-hearted suggestion; if anyones interested, Ill hand it over (if considered, someone should edit it for length though).