Ive been at this for 3 days. uninstalling reinstalling both freelancer and and crossfire. Freelancer vanilla creates saves and recalls them after exit fine. Until I install crossfire which makes vanilla freelancer loose them even though they are on two different drives. turns em all into backups. SIngle player crossfire. as soon as I get to make a save I make one. exit to menu, check saves still there, load ave, everything fine. exit to menu, exit game, load game , start single player crossfire, deny updates, Saves. GONE EVERY TIME. Windows 10 64 bit. hp 360x envy

PLease help!

• Crossfire stores savegames exactly like vanilla FL did. Nothing about that has changed.

Vanilla FL and Crossfire store savegames in exactly the same location. There is no way for you to store and load them on different drives. There is only one savegame folder that is recognized by the game.

When installing Crossfire all savegames are copied into a backup folder and the original savegame folder is emptied to prevent that incompatible savegames crash the game when launching. That happens once when installing. Other than that there is no mechanism that would remove savegames.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• either way. Crossfire saves are gone after I exit even though freelancer folder in documents/ my games/freelancer is not set to read only. to bad it does not make a separate save folder like hd edition.06 or some mods using mod manager

• Like I said... in my eyes it is absolutely impossible that the savegames are simply gone on a regular windows installation, since CF does not change anything related to the creation of savegames.

In the end you are even the first one in 20 years who seem to have such a problem.

Switching the location to where savegames is stores (like other newer mods do) is possible but will not solve the problem, since no matter what, all folders in "my documents" are treated equally. It would even come with a load of problems such as long term players no longer being able to load existing savegames (unless they actually figure out what changed, which plenty of people are not able to). Also the compatibility with vanilla saves is going to be lost.

If I need to guess... and I apparently have to do that atm, then you have some tool on your PC which runs apps/programs, that it does not explicitly knows, in a sandbox for some reason. That in my eyes would be the only possible reason why savegames are not stored since the sandbox data is removed on exit.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!