Hi O.P, An old player here who has come back to the server.Great to see you still keep it running. Anyway i have 3 chars, Captain-scarlet. Captain Black And Ethan_Hunt. As i know the game and your mod very well,(I used to be a member of I.O.C and G.R server police many years ago.) I have been trading on my first 2 chars however my 3rd Ethan_Hunt has been podding. I just logged on and my account has been banned. Please can you let me know what if anything i have done wrong and what i need to do to sort this problem. Regards.

• Welcome back

Code
    1. Autoban time=1708369178 id=8E9B0F5A:725D2564 ip=86.185.94.38 reason=dacom signature fault detected: expected=024744FE received=FD666BC9

the char is unbanned but the server detected that something is either modified or not installed correctly

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Hi OP. i have been banned again..i am not cheating ,don't have too..i have down loaded copy of freelancer from discovery mod as i i have no cd drive for old freelancer cd copy that may have bugs... so i guess i cannot carry on with online gaming..so sorry i was looking forward to bringing others to the server with my new clan. anyway well done for your continued work and support from all your friends.. have fun everyone.. i guess i will play open single player..fly right.

• Hello mate,

Until OP unbans your account, I confirm that the FL copy you got from Discovery is OK.

However, I am listing below few common scenarios that could result in an auto-ban by the server:

1. Usage of mods with the original FL installation before installing CF 2.0.1
      • It can happen usually when someone plays vanilla freelancer, then activates a specific mod via FLMM, then wants to install Crossfire and either forgets to deactivate the mod before or deactivates it but the mod is busted and has leftovers in the Freelancer installation.
    2. Accidental deletion/replacement of some files in CF installation
      • If you are unsure whether this happened, I suggest a clean installation of both Freelancer and Crossfire 2.0.1
    3. Not restarting the CF launcher before joining the game
      • Restarting the CF launcher before starting the game seems to have helped others who initially got auto-banned.
    4. Shared installation directory for Crossfire and other massive mods (Discovery, FL HD, etc)
      • You are a returning player, meaning that the chances for this to happen to you are 0 or very close to zero (accidents can happen though)
      • The reason I'm mentioning this is because there have been cases where people would accidentally install other mod(s) in Crossfire directory, then either cancel the install midway or uninstalling it afterwards and expected Crossfire install to be pristine. In such scenarios is best to reinstall FL and CF fresh.

I have a good news and a bad news for you. The good news is that there is no bad news.

• unbanned

also worth checking if your antivir tool has files in quarantine

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!