Speedpad

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Marauder.

• I'm up on the fence as to whether or not to buy an N52 speedpad. It seems like a neat idea and all, but I know next to nothing about the blasted things. Does anyone have any experience with this type of stuff?

CrossFire Police Department

The goal of a soldier at war is not to die for his country, but to make the other basta** die for his.

-- General George S. Patton

Gory, gory, what a hell of a way to die.
    He ain't gonna jump no more.

--excerpt from Blood on the Risers

• For me, the Nostromo speedpad is a godsend! I wish now I had bought the N52 instead of the N50, because the extra row of buttons can be used to control weapons groups, while also allowing control of individual weaps. The thumbpad for me is the absolute best way to handle strafing modes, and you can move from one mode to the others effortlessly. If I had to control my ship with the keyboard, I would never win a PvP fight, because the keys are awkward for me.

Now, if I can just improve my aim... :P

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• You'd make one heck of a salesman, Cent.

CrossFire Police Department

The goal of a soldier at war is not to die for his country, but to make the other basta** die for his.

-- General George S. Patton

He ain't gonna jump no more.

--excerpt from Blood on the Risers

Originally posted by supercars
    It seems I am the only one using the Keyboard and the Mouse still. :P:D8o;(:(:rolleyes:;) [8] [11] [9] [10]

nope. me too^^

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• OK, so this thread is old, but I recently discovered that my trusty N50 speedpad became obsolete with Win7, so I was faced with a real problem playing CF! I can't speak for the N52 users, but Belkin no longer makes the Nostromo line, and I could not find newer drivers for Win 7. Solution: Logitech makes a gamepad even more versatile than the N52, namely the G13. It has all the same keystroke emulation and macro programming, but it is also backlit (4 colors), has and LCD display for a variety of functions, and its own memory, so the game profiles go with the device when moving from one machine to another (like for a LAN party). It set me back about $75 US with shipping, but it was totally worth it, and it looks to be set for years more compatibility. In fact, I discovered that I had to download the legacy drivers for my old comp, but it worked beautifully. Game On!

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• Lol

I'm still using 3 button mouse and a bad attempt at typing^^

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D