Windows Vista Launch Today

There are 10 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by pcforce.

• Microsoft launched next version of NT family called Windows Vista. There are lots of Editions that you cancheck over here. For a first time Microsoft launch x64 (64-bit) version together with the x86 (32-bit) one. If buy one of the x86 Editions you automatically get licence for x64 version.

Lots of drivers for Vista launch today too.

• i tested it and dont know why it is better

still using windows 2000 8)

[angel] Give me your hand and follow me into the light! [angel]

MSN: MarcBomber@arcor.de (no mail)
    IRC: irc.quakenet.org:6667 #Bomber

[SIZE=1] Post last edited by MarcBomber on 11.09.2005, 10:01 AM. [/SIZE]

• Same to me. I dont know if user must have these animated features and desktop with designed glas windows. No one need it really. And they said that it is more intuitive to all users and more secure of malware and viruses. This must the future tell, if it is so. Everything is a little bit different. And the user isn't able to do all settings like under the previous versions.

I'm not happy of this windows - and all what the design look like the Apple-Macintosh-OS (Tiger i think is the name :)

For the first time i will use Wxp - almost alway happy with it.

• In common you're right, but there is somethign else that atm there is not much attentioned paid for it.

Vista might not be that interesting on first sight but Vista works with the HDD and RAM in different way. What is more important is the x64 version. It wont be that popular in the beggining but there is already lots of 64bit native software, several other projects will be finished soon like 64bit Microsoft Office/OpenOffice and games like UT 2007 (also known as UT 3), Crysis's engine, more proffesional programs. Vista x64 itself now much closer to native x64 OS than XP x64 where still some windows processes stays as 32bit. Lots of manufactures already have 2GB single ram module - if you place two of those in your system you're screwed with 32bit windows. Some of you sooner or later gonna get a new graphic card, and all graphic cards for next several years ill be DX10. You wont see DX10 for windows XP so dont even wait for it. You think that new interface (Aero) cause the big memory usage but its not true. Aero itself tooks about 3.5MB of Vista instalation. When there is more stuff loaded in the RAM means less HDD usage and as you all know RAM is much faster than the HDD.

There are alot limitations already in 32bit way of working. There is reason why developrs push it to the next level.

There are lots of things changed there. In the beggining most ppl wont like them but what happend with XP? Did ppl like it in the beggining.

• not to mention the downgrade incompatibility if you want to use old tools or games ^^

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• You will need loads RAM cos I have seen vista use 600 meg on startup ,reduced to 500 by lots tweaking

• lol

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• great.

just found the first game that doesnt work on Windows 2000.

www.supremecommander.com uses stuff that is only available on XP with SP2 and Vista.

I played it on Vista, but when you look at the grafic i should be playable with very low systems....

btw i think this is the first game that supports dualscreen in such a cool way. You can use both screens with full functionallity.

[angel] Give me your hand and follow me into the light! [angel]

MSN: MarcBomber@arcor.de (no mail)
    IRC: irc.quakenet.org:6667 #Bomber

[SIZE=1] Post last edited by MarcBomber on 11.09.2005, 10:01 AM. [/SIZE]

• Got this today:

Ireally hope they would fix the bug reported by the ppl (me included). What i send them was a bug with FL that really make game shutten often :(