Ship issue on Toledo with crossfire 1.7

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Hi all,

This is my first post here, so be gentle!

I'm playing single player with the (excellent!) Crossfire 1.7 mod at the mo. and as soon as I dock on Toledo I lose my ship and end up with the poxy one you start off with!

I've searched the forums but can't find anyone else who'se reported this, I guess not many people play single player.

Can anyone help?

Many, many thanks,

Ed.

• there is no difference with ships between SP and MP

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Sorry, I don't understand.

On docking with Toledo in a Barracuda Bounty Hunter Heavy Fighter with a current worth of 99685 credits, the cut scene shows "me" landing with a CTE750AE Civilian StarFlier.

When I check out my status my current worth is now 19268 credits yet I'm a level 18.

Do I have a corrupt .ini file? If so, what can I do?

Thanks,

Ed.

• thats story related

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• That brings up a similar question. I'm playing the Single Player version too, and I'd like to be able to fly the plot missions this time in a Shroud, Predator or other Crossfire VHF (Take that, Nomads!) But I seem to be stuck. I'm at level 5 with 2.5million credits and I can't buy any VHF's because you have to be at level 30 to do so. I learned from my playing of the SP verion of 1.65 that you have to...
    [[[ spoiler alert!!!! If you've never played the SP missions before read no further!!!! ]]];
    you have to buy whatever you're going to buy in Liberty before the 3rd California mission (the defense of Willard Research Station) because afterward all of Liberty, and therefore, almost every dockable base in Custodian, and the new X-3043 linked systems goes hostile. So I'm trying to buy and outfit a cool Crossfire VHF before the point of no return.
    I have just about given up on finding one and am thinking about installing SDK and editing the saved game file to give my char 40million credits and a level of 32 so I can buy what I want and continue in the storyline.
    If I succeed in figuring out how to edit my saved game to tweak my money and level, it will be my first FL modification. And there will be great rejoicing. But I expect it to be a challenging and time-consuming undertaking (but not as time consuming as reading this post, eh?)

So I have two questions: If I succeeed in modifying the save game,
    1) will it screw up my CF MP account or gameplay?
    2) will it make the SP game crash, resulting in more hair loss and higher blood pressure?
    3) Is there a VHF I can buy at level 5 so I don't have to risk either of the above??

• @ Titan Addict - First off, to increase rank, you get more money and a better ship... The better the ship and equipment the higher the rank... The more money the higher the rank... The higher the two the even higher the rank.

Secondly, modding a saved file can corrupt it... or just not work... It's way more difficult... If you want to make things easy, I don't know for sure, but you can try a trainer which increases/freezes your amount of money.

Third, you'd probably be better off just finding a way to make quick money, making it that way, buying the ship you want, then going forth with whatever.

@ EVH316 - That thing you are going through is as OP says... Story related... The game is in no way without problems... Even the normal game, unmodded/updated has problems.

Take my love, take my land
    Take me where I cannot stand
    I don't care, I'm still free
    You can't take the sky from me
    Take me out to the black
    Tell them I ain't comin' back
    Burn the land and boil the sea
    You can't take the sky from me
    There's no place I can be
    Since I found Serenity
    But you can't take the sky from me...

Originally posted by Miss Trinity
    @ Titan Addict - First off, to increase rank, you get more money and a better ship... The better the ship and equipment the higher the rank... The more money the higher the rank... The higher the two the even higher the rank.

That's only true in MP Trinity. In SP, your rank advances by alternately making money and completing the plot missions. For instance, you may go from level 8 to level 9 my making more money, but then to reach level 10 you have to complete a plot mission. At that point, your rank will not increase to level 10 no matter houw much money you earn. You will be stuck at level nine with access to only level 9 ships and weapons until you complete the next mission.

Secondly, modding a saved file can corrupt it... or just not work... It's way more difficult... If you want to make things easy, I don't know for sure, but you can try a trainer which increases/freezes your amount of money.

What's a trainer?

Third, you'd probably be better off just finding a way to make quick money, making it that way, buying the ship you want, then going forth with whatever.

Can't do it in SP. See note on "First off...."

Any other suggestions? 8)

• 1. no
    2. yes
    3. no

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Hi, me again.

Story related? I'm tasked with getting a job on Toledo, but can't 'cos my rep's no good.

I've got nothing but respect for SWAT_OP-R8R as I'd previously played standard Freelancer all the way through , stumbled across this mod and got into playing it again.

Naturally, I don't want to mention the 'B' word - but is it a bug? Is there something story related I'm supposed to do now - I can't see how as I've lost my ship and most of my credits. I'm gutted and on the brink of stopping playing - it's that serious!

I'd really appreciate a PM telling me (nicely!) exactly what to do next - from anyone who knows.

Help!

Thanks in advance,

Ed.

• let me say it in this way... we had about 23000 downloads of CF1.7 during the last 4 weeks

most of the players did play it in SP... and you are the first with this problem
    bug?
    unlikely coz there would have been at least 20000 players with the same problem

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,